- How can I get my password?
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and write in the subject line “Password Request” or call us at 212-854-8815.
- I’m having trouble logging in. What should I do?
You may need your correct login and password. Please contact us at email@example.com or 212-854-8815 for your information.
If you have already requested your password and have not received a response it may be that the information is being sent to an inaccurate or inactive e-mail address. If this is the case, please call or e-mail us and we can help you update your e-mail forwarding address.
Lastly, it is also possible that our system is temporarily down. Please be patient and try back again in a few minutes.
- How do I join a Discussion Group? How do I post to a Discussion Group?
You can join a wide variety of discussion grups through the Alumni website. To subscribe to a discussion group, please log on to the Alumni website and click on the “Discussion Groups” link within the Network section. There are lists for geographic regions, industry, interests, class year, and cluster.
To post to a discussion group, you must first make sure you are subscribed to the desired list and send the message from the e-mail account linked to your lifetime forwarding e-mail address.
Specific examples of appropriate discussion group use might include:
- Asking for recommendation and advice within a particular industry
- Sharing information about the relevant industry or topic, such as a New York Times article (not a press release from your firm)
- Announcing an upcoming event related to the topic of the discussion group
Specific examples of inappropriate discussion group use include (but are not limited to):
- Promoting a business venture or advertising products
- Soliciting donations to one’s favorite charity
- Announcing an upcoming event unrelated to the topic of the discussion group
Please note that there are two kinds of discussion groups in which alumni can exchange business opportunities and event announcements: Open List-General and Open List-Investment Opportunities, which can be found under the Industry discussion group category.
- How can I search for alumni?
The alumni directory is accessible within the Network section of the Alumni website on the right hand side of the screen. You can search by name, occupation, company, location, or interest. Don’t forget to use the “advanced search” option to search by more detailed criteria.
If you are having a hard time finding what you want, you might consider broadening your search (e.g., all investment bankers in California rather than just in Menlo Park).
- How can I audit classes at Columbia Business School?
Columbia Business School alumni may audit elective classes free of charge with permission from the professor and a student affairs administrator.
For more information about the courses available for auditing, please visit the “Course Selection” page of the Columbia Business School website or call the Office of Student Affairs at 212-854-5563.
For more information on the auditing approval process or to request a space as an auditor for an upcoming course, please contact Megan Shaughnessy at 212-851-4327.