You are here
This June, Columbia Business School alumni, students, and new admits gathered in more than 55 cities around the world in celebration of the Columbia Business School global alumni network as part of the fifth annual Worldwide Alumni Club Event.
The events were as diverse as our alumni and consisted of receptions with faculty speakers, happy hours, dinners, panel discussions, and family outings organized by our dedicated alumni club leaders.
In New York City, attendees enjoyed an engaging, social media-focused presentation by Sree Sreenivasan, Dean of Student Affairs & Digital Media Professor, Columbia Journalism School. In other locations around the globe, we highlighted the following faculty members:
- Charles Calomiris, Henry Kaufman Professor of Financial Institutions, in Sao Paulo
- Christopher Mayer, Paul Milstein Professor of Real Estate and Senior Vice Dean, in San Francisco
- Stephen Penman, George O. May Professor of Accounting, in Athens
- Jonathan Knee, Adjunct Professor of Finance and Economics and Director of the Media Program, in Maplewood, New Jersey
- Eric Schoenberg, Adjunct Associate Professor of Marketing and Associate Director of the Center for the Decision Sciences, in Washington D.C.
- Nelson Fraiman, Professor of Professional Practice of Decision, Risk, and Operations and Director of the W. Edwards Deming Center, in Montevideo, Santiago, and Lima
- Bernd Schmitt, Robert D. Calkins Professor of International Business and Faculty Director of the Center on Global Brand Leadership, in Munich and Paris
- Gwyneth Ketterer, Adjunct Professor of Finance and Economics, in Paris
Alumni Club Photo Contest Winners
We would like to extend a special thank you to all who participated in the photo competition and congratulate the following winners.
Best Display of School Logo: Alumni Club of Israel
The Curl Ideas to wrap your mind around
Above and Beyond
Wolters Kluwer CEO Nancy McKinstry ’84 is building a legacy that goes far beyond ushering the global publishing company into the digital age.Read More
Smarter, Simpler Investing
Betterment, the company Jon Stein ’09 founded a year after he graduated from Columbia, aims to take the mystery out of long-term investing.Read More
Shaping the Market
Together with Rich Donovan ’02, Brian Dawson ’99 has built Fifth Quadrant Analytics, which rates firms based on economic drivers specific to people with disabilities.Read More
The Big Leagues
Alumni executives in the sports industry are pursuing bold agendas that will have lasting impact.Read More
Get inspired by alumni who are driving change in more than one sector.Read More
Man on a Mission
With DimensionU, Ntiedo Etuk ’02 is using video games and a healthy dose of competition to get millions of kids excited about learning.Read More
A Small World After All
By helping thousands of New York City children attend high-quality afterschool programs, Alison Overseth ’84 is upping the odds that they’ll be successful.Read More
As CEO of Huge, Aaron Shapiro ’96 is helping firms succeed in today’s digital world.Read More
The Right Fit
When Brian McBrearity ’01 (EMBA) moved to the base of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, the plan was to clear his head and determine his next steps. Instead, he fell in love with Africa.Read More
Students and graduates tell how Columbia Business School shaped and continues to shape their professional lives.
Make a Gift
Bring your generosity full circle with a gift to Columbia Business School.Support