You are here
This June, Columbia Business School alumni, students, and new admits gathered in more than 75 cities around the world in celebration of the Columbia Business School global alumni network as part of the sixth annual Worldwide Alumni Club Event.
The events were as diverse as our alumni and consisted of receptions with faculty speakers, happy hours, dinners, panel discussions, and family outings organized by our dedicated alumni club leaders.
In New York City, attendees enjoyed an engaging, leadership-focused presentation by Michael A. Gould '68, Chariman and CEO, Bloomingdale's. In other locations around the globe, we highlighted the following faculty members:
- Noel Capon, R.C. Kopf Professor of International Marketing, in Boston
- Ray Fisman, Lambert Family Professor of Social Enterprise, Bernstein Faculty Leader, and Co-Director of the Social Enterprise Program, in Toronto
- Kathryn Harrigan, Henry R. Kravis Professor of Business Leadership, in San Diego, Portland and Seattle
- Charles Jones, Robert W. Lear Professor of Finance and Economics and Academic Advisory Board Member of the Program for Financial Studies, in Washington D.C.
- Kaihan Krippendorff ’99, Strategist, former McKinsey consultant, and author of three business strategy books, in Maplewood, NJ and Atlanta
- Christopher Mayer, Paul Milstein Professor of Real Estate, in Philadelphia
- Eric Schoenberg, Adjunct Associate Professor of Marketing and Associate Director of the Center for the Decision Sciences, in Palm Beach and Miami
- Bernd Schmitt, Robert D. Calkins Professor of International Business and Faculty Director of the Center on Global Brand Leadership, in Manila, Taipei and Hong Kong
- Don Sexton, Professor of Marketing and Director of the Center for International Business Education and Research, in Paris and Rome
- Amir Ziv, Professor of Accounting, Vice Dean, and Samberg Faculty Director, in Beijing and Tel Aviv
2012 Alumni Club Photo Contest Winners
We would like to extend a special thank you to all who participated in the 2012 photo competition and congratulate the following winners.
2012 Best Display of School Logo: Alumni Club of Long Island
2012 Best Group Photo: German Speaking Alumni Association
2012 Best Multigenerational Photo: Alumni Club of Israel
2012 Worldwide Alumni Club Event Photo Slideshow
The Curl Ideas to wrap your mind around
Above and Beyond
Wolters Kluwer CEO Nancy McKinstry ’84 is building a legacy that goes far beyond ushering the global publishing company into the digital age.Read More
Smarter, Simpler Investing
Betterment, the company Jon Stein ’09 founded a year after he graduated from Columbia, aims to take the mystery out of long-term investing.Read More
Shaping the Market
Together with Rich Donovan ’02, Brian Dawson ’99 has built Fifth Quadrant Analytics, which rates firms based on economic drivers specific to people with disabilities.Read More
The Big Leagues
Alumni executives in the sports industry are pursuing bold agendas that will have lasting impact.Read More
Get inspired by alumni who are driving change in more than one sector.Read More
Man on a Mission
With DimensionU, Ntiedo Etuk ’02 is using video games and a healthy dose of competition to get millions of kids excited about learning.Read More
A Small World After All
By helping thousands of New York City children attend high-quality afterschool programs, Alison Overseth ’84 is upping the odds that they’ll be successful.Read More
As CEO of Huge, Aaron Shapiro ’96 is helping firms succeed in today’s digital world.Read More
The Right Fit
When Brian McBrearity ’01 (EMBA) moved to the base of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, the plan was to clear his head and determine his next steps. Instead, he fell in love with Africa.Read More
Students and graduates tell how Columbia Business School shaped and continues to shape their professional lives.
Make a Gift
Bring your generosity full circle with a gift to Columbia Business School.Support