You are here
This June, Columbia Business School alumni, students, and new admits gathered in nearly 70 cities around the world in celebration of the Columbia Business School global alumni network as part of the seventh annual Worldwide Alumni Club Event. Find us on twitter, @Columbia_Biz. See pictures and news from events around the world with our hashtag #CBSWACE2013.
The events were as diverse as our alumni and consisted of receptions with faculty speakers, happy hours, dinners, panel discussions, and family outings organized by our dedicated alumni club leaders.
In New York City, alumni were invited to enjoy a presentation on "Investing in Career and Social Impact" by Mark T. Gallogly ’86, Co-founder and Managing Principal of Centerbridge Partners and Board of Overseers Member. Those alumni who were unable to make it to one of the Worldwide Alumni Club Events, joined us for our WACE Webinar: "Navigating the Shifting Landscape." In other locations around the globe, we highlighted the following faculty members:
- Cliff Cramer, Director of the Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Management Program and adjunct Management Professor - June 4 in Princeton, NJ.
- Nelson M. Fraiman, Professor of Professional Practice, Decision, Risk, and Operations - July 7 in Colombia.
- Robert Hodrick, Nomura Professor of International Finance, Academic Advisory Board Member for the Program for Financial Studies - June 6 in Beijing.
- Charles Jones, Robert W. Lear Professor of Finance and Economics and Academic Advisory Board Member of the Program for Financial Studies - June 5 in Philadelphia.
- Rita McGrath, Associate Professor of Management, working in the areas of innovation and growth - May 28 in Maplewood, NJ, June 1 in London, and June 24 in Boston.
- Bernd Schmitt, Robert D. Calkins Professor of International Business and Faculty Director of the Center on Global Brand Leadership - June 18 in Singapore.
- Hitendra Wadhwa, Professor of Professional Practice and Marketing - June in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Amir Ziv, Professor of Accounting, Vice Dean, and Samberg Faculty Director - May 24 in Hong Kong, June 3 in Tel Aviv.
2013 Event Slideshow
The Curl Ideas to wrap your mind around
A Healthy Future
Healthcare expert Professor Linda Green weighs in on the Affordable Care Act, the looming physician shortage, and what every patient needs to know.Read More
Above and Beyond
Wolters Kluwer CEO Nancy McKinstry ’84 is building a legacy that goes far beyond ushering the global publishing company into the digital age.Read More
Shaping the Market
Together with Rich Donovan ’02, Brian Dawson ’99 has built Fifth Quadrant Analytics, which rates firms based on economic drivers specific to people with disabilities.Read More
The Big Leagues
Alumni executives in the sports industry are pursuing bold agendas that will have lasting impact.Read More
Get inspired by alumni who are driving change in more than one sector.Read More
The Right Fit
When Brian McBrearity ’01 (EMBA) moved to the base of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, the plan was to clear his head and determine his next steps. Instead, he fell in love with Africa.Read More
Smarter, Simpler Investing
Betterment, the company Jon Stein ’09 founded a year after he graduated from Columbia, aims to take the mystery out of long-term investing.Read More
Man on a Mission
With DimensionU, Ntiedo Etuk ’02 is using video games and a healthy dose of competition to get millions of kids excited about learning.Read More
A Small World After All
By helping thousands of New York City children attend high-quality afterschool programs, Alison Overseth ’84 is upping the odds that they’ll be successful.Read More
Students and graduates tell how Columbia Business School shaped and continues to shape their professional lives.
Make a Gift
Bring your generosity full circle with a gift to Columbia Business School.Support