- Stay Connected
- Alumni Benefits
- Career Management
- Support the School
- Make a Gift
- Annual Giving
- Major Giving
- Planned Giving
- Corporate Giving
- How to Give
- Contact Us
- Donor Profiles
- Alumni Clubs
Thank you for your interest in supporting Columbia Business School! There are a number of ways you can make an impact:
- Make a recurring gift using our secure online gift form. Be sure to specify the amount, timing, and duration of your gift. Your credit account will be billed automatically, making your contribution as simple and convenient as possible.
- Make a one-time gift using our secure online gift form.
- Make a gift over the phone. To donate by phone, call Barbara Clapp, Executive Director of Individual Giving, at 212-851-4301.
- Make a gift by mail by sending a check payable to Columbia Business School to
- Make a gift by wire transfer in US dollars. To do so, please contact Michael Hillman at 212-851-4303 or email@example.com.
Columbia Business School
External Relations and Development
33 West 60th Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10023
Donate Non-Cash Assets
Donating assets other than cash may allow you to enjoy a tax benefit—please see below for more information. There are several ways you can donate such assets:
- Make a gift of publicly traded, appreciated securities. To do so, please contact Michael Hillman at 212-851-4303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a gift of non-publicly traded appreciated assets, such as:
- Real estate
- Private or restricted company stock
- Equity stake in a privately owned business
To donate a non-cash asset like those listed above, please contact Lisa Yeh, Senior Associate Dean of External Relations and Development, at 212-854-5359.
Include Columbia Business School in Your Long-Term Planning
To make a planned gift to the School, please contact Lisa Yeh, Senior Associate Dean of External Relations and Development, at 212-854-5359 or learn more about planned giving options.
Make Donations from Outside the United States
Make a tax-effective contribution from abroad. Alumni and friends living in the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and certain European countries can give to the School and still receive a tax benefit in their country of residence. The following international giving opportunities are available:
- Columbia University UK Fund
- Transnational Giving Europe
- Columbia University Hong Kong Fund
Residents of the United Kingdom can donate to any Columbia school or program through the Columbia UK Fund, a UK charity, to gain tax benefit. Those who pay both UK and US income taxes benefit as well: the same gift is treated as a charitable donation for US tax purposes and can be claimed as a deduction against US income.
Applying for Gift Aid relief is easy. Simply fill out a Gift Aid Declaration Form once you make your gift to the Columbia UK Fund.
Columbia University has partnered with Transnational Giving Europe (TGE) to allow residents of several European countries to make tax-effective contributions to any part of the University. You simply make your gift to the TGE foundation partner in your country of residence and the foundation provides you with all the fiscal advantages, including a tax receipt. For UK residents, your gift is then transferred to the Columbia UK Fund. See if your country is a TGE partner.
The Columbia University Hong Kong Fund is registered under Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Hong Kong residents who make a gift to this fund can deduct their donation amount from their total income. Please consult the Inland Revenue Department website for more information about the tax benefits.
The Tax Advantage of Giving
In addition to having a tangible impact on the lives of students, faculty, and alumni of the School, your donation may reduce your income tax, capital gains tax, or estate tax. For example, by donating appreciated securities directly to Columbia Business School, as opposed to donating the proceeds from the sale of those securities, you can avoid capital gains tax on the amount of appreciation.
The federal government provides tax incentives for donations of a variety of assets, and your deduction will depend on your individual tax situation. To find out more about the tax advantages of giving to Columbia Business School, please consult your financial advisor.