Healthcare Mergers & Acquisitions and Financing Panel
“Financing Innovation and Consolidation Trends”
- Moderator: Jim Boylan '94, Head of Investment Banking, Leerink Swann
- Fran Heller, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Vincent J. Lambert, Senior Managing Partner, MTS Health Partners
- Matthew McAskin '04 (EMBA), Senior Managing Director, Evercore Partners
- Tim Van Biesen, Partner, Bain & Company
- Current state of the capital markets (crossover financings, Form 10s, IPOs incl. JOBS act, follow-on offerings, royalty & structured debt financings, etc.).
- Healthcare M&A market discussion –what is driving sector consolidation (biotech, specialty pharma, medical device, healthcare services, etc.) with specific examples and deals.
- Insights into which deals/strategies are working well and where M&A catalyzes value creation or unique integration and other challenges.
- Diversification strategies (R&D, licensing, acquisition of products/capabilities, geographic expansion) being pursued by major players.
- Transformation of the payer/provider landscape including cost shifting to the consumers, geographical consolidation and technologies to track outcomes-based medicine to control costs.
Role, focus, and impact of private equity firms in healthcare dealmaking.