Healthcare Mergers & Acquisitions and Financing Panel
“Consolidation Trends and Financing Market for Life Sciences and Healthcare Services”
- Moderator: Stuart Smith '84, Co-Head and Managing Director of Healthcare Investment Banking, Credit-Suisse
- Paul Clancy '87, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Biogen Idec
- Jay Galeota, Chief Strategy & Business Development Officer, President, Emerging Businesses, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Matthew McAskin '04 (EMBA), Senior Managing Director, Evercore Partners
- Sooin Kwon '01, Managing Director, MTS Health Partners
- Reasons for consolidation activity of pharma and medical device companies, including unique integration challenges. Will increased focus on tax inversion deals continue?
- What diversification/growth strategies are being pursued by major payers through use of M&A, joint ventures and partnerships?
- Will we continue to see hospital mergers to gain scale and competitive advantage – what other acquisition targets will hospitals pursue?
- What is the current antitrust environment in healthcare dealmaking?
- What is the current state of the IPO and financing market for early-stage healthcare and life science companies?