- Chazen Global Study Tours
- Global Immersion Program
- Travel Photo Contest
- Chazen MBA Exchange
- Chazen Language Program
- Chazen Block Week Classes
- Laidlaw Chazen Travel Fund
- Student Travel Blog
- Student Opportunities
- Latin America
Submission Deadline for all 2016-17 Chazen travel programs is April 3, 2017
Held each year, the contest is open to all Chazen international travel programs and participants. Photos will be used for Chazen promotional materials or on our website.
The top three photos will receive $300 awards; other finalists in the top 10 will receive gift cards to Amazon.
Photography for the Chazen Institute photo contest should express the mission and capture the vitality of the Institute and its initiatives. To this end, preference will be given to photos with a journalistic approach that seek to:
- Capture learning and international business in action; including business interactions, Lectures in the field, development initiatives in action, the positive impact of business on local people and families;
- Avoid touristy set ups (such as groups of students smiling in front of a landmark or cultural icon;
- Avoid too much skin (while we understand some locales may be visited during hot season, we are unable to use photographs of students in revealing clothing such as tank tops, shorts, mini-skirts, and bathing suits);
- Photograph in good light, such as mornings and late afternoon, or use a flash when natural light is poor.
- Photos must have been taken as part of a Chazen international travel program (Study Tour, Global Immersion Program class or Chazen block week class)
- Decisions are final.
- Up to 6 entries allowed per entrant.
- Entrants agree to allow their photos to be reproduced in Chazen promotional materials or on our website. Students’ name and graduation year may accompany uses of each photo.
- All photos submitted must have been taken by the entrant.
- Photos must be accompanied by the word document described below.
- Photo of 300 dpi preferred.
How to Participate
Enroll in the Jerome A. Chazen Institute Photo Contest Canvas Page and then upload your photo. Please include:
- The title of the category for which you are entering each photo for
- Your full name and expected graduation year
- What program it was taken on: i.e.: India Chazen Study Tour January 2014 or Global Immersion Program China Spring 2014
- A caption describing the photo (context, location, people depicted, etc)
The Chazen Institute will choose the top 10 photos and post them on the Chazen Institute Facebook page and Instagram account for a week to be voted on. The winning photos will be the ones receiving the most “likes” on both platforms. We will notify students when the photos have been posted and that the voting is open.
Please contact the Chazen Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org