You are here
Clicking on books will bring you to Amazon.com where you can purchase the book and read reviews.
- Broadband in Africa, O'Neil, Judith and Darcy Gerbarg, ed., Springer.
- Media Management Around the World, Faustino, Paolo, ed., Media XXI
- Who Owns the World's Media, Eli Noam, Oxford University Press
- Theory of Broadband: Regulation, Networks, and Applications, Taylor, Richard and Amit Schejter, eds.
- Broadband in America, 3rd edition, Schulz, Ivy and Bob Atkinson.
- Telecommunications Demand and Investment: The Road Ahead (tentative title), Alleman, James, et al, Springer.
- Demand for Communications Services - Insights and Perspectives: Essays in Honor of Lester D. Taylor, Springer Verlag. (Co-editors: Aine Ni-Shuilleabhain and Paul Rappoport)
- A volume in The Economics of Information, Communication and Entertainment: The Impacts of Digital Technology in the 21st Century Series, editor, Darcy Gerbarg.
- Broadband Networks, Smart Grids and Climate Change, Noam, Eli, Johann Kranz, and Lorenzo Pupillo, eds., New York: Springer
- Il direct insurance in Italia. Trend di mercato, modelli di business e strategie competitive (Direct insurance in Italy: Market trends, business models and competitive strategies) - Luca Turba (CITI Visiting Scholar) (IBS,2010)
- El Papel de las Tic en el Desarrollo: Propuesta de América Latina a los retos económicos actuales (Redefining the Digital Divide: The Contribution of ICT to Economic Development in Latin America) - Raul Katz (Ariel, 2010)
- "The Next Generation of Ultrabroadband Networks," Noam, Eli M., Aravantinos, Elias, Vallee, Alain, eds. Communications and Strategies. Special Issue (forthcoming, 2009).
- Media Ownership and Concentration in America - Eli Noam (Oxford, 2009)
- Peer-to-Peer Video: The Economics, Policy, and Culture of Today's New Mass Medium - Noam, Eli M.; Pupillo, Lorenzo Maria (Eds.) (Springer, 2008)
- The Economics, Policy, and Culture of Today's New Mass Medium, Eli Noam and Lorenzo Pupillo, eds (Springer, 2008).
- Television Goes Digital - Darcy Gerbarg (Springer, 2008)
- Mobile Media Content and Services for Wireless Communications, Jo Groebel, Eli Noam and Valerie Feldman, eds (Erlbaum, 2006).
- Confessions of a Wall Street Analyst: A True Story of Inside Information and Corruption in the Stock Market, Dan Reingold (HarperCollins, 2006).
- "Deregulation and Market Concentration: An Analysis of Post '96 Consolidation," Federal Communications Law Journal, Vol. 58, no. 3, Eli M. Noam (2006).
- "Dynamic Solutions to Policy Failures: Overview and Introduction." Communications & Strategy, no. 60, 4th. Quarter, James Alleman (2005).
- The Mobile Revolution, Dan Steinbock (Kogan Page Stylus, 2005).
- The Telecommunications Meltdown (in Japanese), Eli Noam, Thomas Hazlett, Lawrence Lessig, and Richard Epstein (NTT Publishing Company, 2005).
- Leveraging Mobile Media: Cross-Media Strategy and Innovation Policy for Mobile Media Communication, Valerie Feldman (Physica-Verlag, 2005).
- Internet Television, Eli Noam, Jo Groebel, Darcy Gerbarg, eds (Erlbaum, 2004).
- Competition for the Mobile Internet, Dan Steinbock and Eli Noam (Artech, 2003).
- After the Spectrum Frontier, David Salant, ed (forthcoming).
- Crisis Communications: Lessons from September 11, A. Michael Noll (Rowman Littlefield, 2003).
- "Symposium on Communications on September" Prometheus, Special Issue, Vol. 20, no. 3, Michael A. Noll (September, 2002).
- Interconnecting the Network of Networks, Eli Noam (MIT Press, 2001).
- Principles of Modern Communications Technology, A. Michael Noll (Artech House, 2001).
- The Economics, Technology and Content of Digital TV, Darcy Derbarg (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999).
- "New Approaches to Minority Media Ownership," Columbia Institute for Tele-Information Federal Communications Law Journal, 51:3 (1999).
- Public Television in America, Eli Noam & Jens Walterman (Bertelsman Stiftung, 1999).
- The New Investment Theory of Real Options and its Implication for Telecommunications Economics, James Alleman and Eli Noam (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999).
- The Future of Digital Television, Darcy Gerbarg, Prometheus, 16:2 (1998).
- Opening Networks to Competition: The Regulation and Pricing of Access, David Gabel and David F. Weiman (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1998).
- Telecommunications in Africa, Eli M. Noam (Oxford University Press, 1998).
- The V-Chip Debate: Content Filtering from Television to the Internet, Monroe Price (Erlbaum, 1998)
- Employment Problems in an Information Age in "Advances in Industrial Labor Relations", David Lewin, David Lipskey and Donna Sockell (JAI Press, Vol. IV, 1997).
- Globalism and Localism in Telecommunications, Eli M. Noam and A. J. Wolfson (Elsevier Science Publishers, 1997).
- Highway of Dreams: A Critical View Along the Information Superhighway, A. Michael Noll (Erlbaum, 1997).
- The Role of Wireless Communications in the Public Network, Alex Wolfson Telecommunications Policy, Special Issue, 21:5 (1997).
- Telecommunications in Latin America, Eli M. Noam (Oxford University Press, 1997).
- Telecommunications in Western Asia and the Middle East, Eli M. Noam (Oxford University Press, 1997).
- Telecommunications Law: Unscrambling the Signals, Unbundling the Law, CITI Symposium (Columbia Law Review, 97:4, May 1997).
- Information Superhighways Revisited: The Economics of Multimedia, Bruce L. Egan (Artech House, 1996).
- Cyber-TV: Thesen Zur Dritten Fernseh Revolution, Eli M. Noam (Verlag Bertelsmann Stiftung).
- Private Networks and Public Objectives, Eli M. Noam & Aine NíShúilleabháin (Elsevier, 1996).
- American Regulatory Federalism and Telecommunications Infrastructure, Paul Teske (Erlbaum, 1995).
- Quality and Reliability of Telecommunications Infrastructure, William Lehr (Lawrence Erlbaum & Associates, 1995).
- Television Self-Regulation and Ownership Regulation: The American Experience, Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal, Special Issue, 13:3 (1995).
- Asymmetric Deregulation: The Dynamics of Telecommunications Policy in Europe and the United States, Eli M. Noam and Gerard Pogorel (Ablex, 1994).
- Cable Act of 1992: Freedom of Expression Issues, Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal: COMM/ENT 17:1 (1994).
- Telecommunications in the Pacific Basin: An Evolutionary Approach, Douglas A. Conn, Seisuke Komatsuzaki and Eli Noam (Oxford University Press, 1994).
- "Privacy in Telecommunications: Markets, Rights, and Regulations," United Church of Christ, Eli M. Noam and Everett C. Parker, eds (1994).
- The International Market for Film and Television Programs, Brenda Dervin, Joel C. Millonzi and Eli M. Noam (Ablex, 1993).
- Technologies without Boundaries: On Telecommunications in a Global Age, Ithiel de Sola Pool, edited by Eli M. Noam (Spanish Edition, Fondo del Cultura Economica, 1993; also available in Japanese, 2003).
- Japan's ISDN Revolution, Osamu Inoue, Tatsuo Kawasaki, Takeshi Kawauchi, Tadashi Mizuno, Eli M. Noam, Jerry Nowicki, Kent M. Takeda, Hisashi Yazawa. Introduction by Kohji Ohboshi (Intertec Publishing Corp., 1992).
- Telecommunications in Europe, Eli Noam (Oxford University Press, 1992).
- The Telecommunications Revolution: Past, Present, and Future, Harvey M. Sapolsky, Rhonda J. Crane, W. Russel Neuman & Eli M. Noam (Routledge, 1992; Japanese Translation, Japan UNI Agency, Inc., 1992).
- Television in Europe, Eli Noam (Oxford University Press, 1991).
- After the Breakup: Assessing the New Post-AT&T Divestiture Era , Barry G. Cole (Columbia University Press, 1991; Japanese Translation, Columbia University Press, 1991).
- Integrated Broadband Networks: The Public Policy Issues, Martin C. J. Elton (Elsevier, 1991).
- Price Caps and Incentive Regulation in Telecommunications, Michael A. Einhorn (Kluwer, 1991).
- Information Superhighways: The Economics of Advanced Public Communication Networks, Bruce L. Egan (Artech House, 1991).
- Cable TV Advertising: In Search of the Right Formula, Rajeev Batra and Rashi Glazer (Greenwood Press, 1989).
- The Cost of Libel: Economic and Policy Implications, Everette E. Dennis and Eli M. Noam (Columbia University Press, 1989).
- New Directions in Telecommunications Policy, vol. 1, Paula Newberg, ed (Durham, 1989, vol. 2, 1989).
- Law of International Telecommunications in the United States, Stephen R. Barnett, Michael Botein and Eli M. Noam (Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft, 1988).
- Services in Transition: The Impact of Information Technologies on the Service Sector, Gerard R. Faulhaber, Eli M. Noam and Roberta Tasley (Ballinger, 1986).
- Technological Innovation, Regulation and the Monetary Economy, Colin Lawrence and Robert Shay (Ballinger, 1986).
- Tracing New Orbits: Cooperation and Competition in Satellite Development, Donna A. Demac (Columbia University Press, 1986).
- Video Media Competition: Regulation, Economics and Technology, Eli M. Noam (Columbia University Press, 1985).
- Telecommunications Regulation: Today and Tomorrow, Eli M. Noam (Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1983).
The Impact of the Internet on Employment and How to Deal with the Losers?"
Save the Date: CITI State of Telecom
Save the Date: Media Ownership and Concentration Around the World
Columbia Institute for Tele-Information
New York, NY 10027
Phone: (212) 854-4222
Fax: (212) 854-1471
The Curl Ideas to wrap your mind around
Dean’s Office Announces 2015 MBA Teaching Awards
Last week, the Dean’s Office recognized three Columbia Business School faculty members with 2015 Dean’s Prizes for Teaching Excellence in MBA elective courses.Read More
Cara Mandarino, Medini Singh Win 2015 Service Awards
On May 5, the Office of Student Affairs, Dean’s Office, and Student Government together announced the winners of the 2015 Service Awards for Faculty and Administration.Read More
Morgan Stanley Donates $5.25 Million to Manhattanville Campus
The transformative gift, made by Morgan Stanley and alumni and friends at the firm, will create a Morgan Stanley Suite in each of Columbia Business School’s two new Manhattanville buildings.Read More
Study by Columbia Business School and U.S. Trust Uncovers Financial and Emotional Challenges of Business Succession Planning
Paper Documents Eight Real-life Stories of Entrepreneurs Who Transitioned Their BusinessesRead More
Annual Dinner Builds Excitement for the School’s Future
More than 850 people gathered together for Columbia Business School’s 39th Annual Dinner on May 4.Read More
Get Ahead with “Idea Networking”
When opportunity takes too long to arrive, go out and find itRead More
Your Secrets Are Killing Your Productivity
New research from Columbia Business School finds the burden of secrecy akin to carrying excess physical weightRead More
When it Comes to Retaining Your Customers, Sometimes it's Best to Leave them Alone
New research from Columbia Business School shows that offering customers a chance to switch to better plans may not always be the right customer-retention strategyRead More
Will the TPP Help Latin America?
Not if the United States gets everything it’s asking for, says Andrés Velasco, the former finance minister of Chilé and a professor at Columbia University.Read More