You are here
2000 and earlier
- A. Michael Noll, "Internet TV: Definition and Prospects"
- Andrew Odlyzko, "Internet TV: Implications for the long distance network"
- David Waterman, "Economic Models for IP-TV Content Providers"
- Michael A. Einhorn, "Internet Television and Copyright Licensing"
- John Carey,"A Demand Side Perspective"
- Jeffrey Hart, "Content Models: Will IPTV Be More of the Same, or Different?"
- Noam, Eli M. Regulation and Deregulation of the Internet.
- Noam, Eli M. Reforming Universal Service: A Prerequisite Competition and Interconnection.
- Noam, Eli M. and A. Wolfson. The End of Territoriality in Telecommunications.
- Huberman, Gur. Familiarity Breeds Investment: The Geographic Distribution of RBOC Shareholders.
- Noam, Eli M. U.S. Media Concentration: Markets, Concentration & Diversity.
- Noam, Eli M. Regulating Cyberspace.
- Noam, Eli M. Systemic Bottlenecks in the Information Society.
- Noam, Eli M. Beyond Spectrum Auctions: Taking the Next Step to Open Spectrum Access.
- Noam, Eli M. Privacy and Self-Regulation: Markets for Electronic Privacy.
- Noam, Eli M. Spectrum and Universal Service.
- Noam, Eli M. Universal Internet Access: The USA and the European Countries Between Regulation and Deregulation of the Internet.
- Noam, Eli M. Electronics and the Future of the Research Library.
- Noam, Eli M. Supra-regulation in Telecommunications.
- Noam, Eli M. Creative Destruction and Information Technology.
- Noam, Eli M. Interconnection is the Key Issue in Telecommunications. Must it be Regulated?
- Noam, Eli M. and Alvarez, C. Electronics and the Future of the Library.
- Noam, Eli M. Future of the Media - Media of the Future.
- Noam, Eli M. Public Interest Programming by American Commercial Television.
- Rowland, Willard. The Institution of American Public Television.
- Ledbetter, Jim. Funding and Economics of American Public Television.
- Somerset-Ward, Richard. Public Television in America: Programming for a Digital Future.
- Price, Monroe. Public Television and New Technologies.
- Noam, Eli M. Electronics and the Dim Future of Banks.
- Roddy, David. Worldwide Demand for Telephone Service.
- Roddy, David. Current Challenges for Domestic Wireless Telecomm Carriers.
- Roddy, David. Transportation of Internet Traffic in the 21st Century.
- Economides, Nicholas. The Incentive for Non-Price Discrimination by an Input Monopolist.
- Economides, Nicholas and White, Lawrence, J. The Inefficiency of the ECPR Yet Again: A Reply to Larson.
- Economides, Nicholas and Wildman, Steven S. Monopolistic Competition with Two-Part Tariffs.
- Economides, Nicholas. Principles of Interconnection: A Response to "Regulation of Access to Vertically-Integrated Natural Monopolies."
- Economides, Nicholas. Quality Choice and Vertical Integration.
- Korn, Jessica. What is Economic Development in an Information Economy?
- Noll, A. Michael. The Digital Mystique: A Review of Digital Technology and its Application.
- Noll, A. Michael. The Costs of Competition: An Analysis of the FCC Telecommunication Orders of
- Miller, Eugene. Digital TV Systems.
- Seel, Peter. The Path from Analog HDTV to DTV in Japan.
- Hart, Jeffrey. Digital Television in Europe and Japan.
- Neuman, Russell W. Broadcasting and Bandwidth.
- Waterman, David. Digital Television and Program Pricing.
- Parker, Richard. Does Economics Have a Role in the Race Toward Digital TV?
- Chang, Monica. Megatrends and Critical Issues in Telecom Evolution.
- Chang, Monica. Taiwan's Economic Development strategies for the 21st Century.
- Ogunyemi, Dayo. Digital Delivery of Content Via the Internet: Legal and Business Considerations for the Music and Film Industries.
- Einhorn, Michael A. International Accounting and Settlements: A Review of Literature.
- Noam, Eli M. Can the Internet be Regulated?
- Noam, Eli M. and Freeman, Robert. The Media Monopoly and Other Myths.
- Noam, Eli M. and Drake, William. The WTO Deal on Basic Telecommunications: Big Bang or Little Whimper?
- Noam, Eli M. Will Books Become the Dumb Medium?
- Levine, Howard J. Electronic Commerce: Are the Current Tax Rules Adequate, or Even Relevant?
- Casey, John. Content and Services for the New Digital TV Environment.
- Saravia, Edgar. Telecommunications in Bolivia: A Country Analysis.
- Botelho, Antonio, Lee McKnight, Roberto Ferro and Carlos Manfredini. Telecommunications in Brazil.
- Noguera, Felipe. Telecommunications in the Caribbean Islands.
- Melo, Jose Ricardo. Telecommunications in Chile.
- Nichols, John Spicer and Torres, Alicia M. Telecommunications, Conflicts, and Change in Cuba.
- Espinosa, Ivan and Pineda, Michael Chong. Telecommunications Development in Ecuador.
- Gutosso, Graciela Perez Montero. Telecommunications in Uruguay.
- Zaidman, Natan E. Past, Present, and Future of Telecommunications in Venezuela.
- Hooley, Margot Lise. Telecommunications in Colombia.
- Griffith, Kathleen A. Telecommunications in Mexico.
- Cornejo, Ingeniero Percy and Delgado, Ingeniero Juan Ernesto Barreda. Telecommunications in Peru.
- Cortes, Ramon Morales. Telecommunications in Puerto Rico.
- Camp, L. Jean Internet Commerce: Evolution, Examples and Evaluation.
- Panel Transcription Telecommunications Act of : The Morning After.
- Szafran, Marc E. Examining the Causal Relationship Between Global Communications Technologies and Internationally Recognized Freedom of Speech.
- Szafran, Marc E. A Neo-Institutional Paradigm for Contracts Formed in Cyberspace: Judgement Day for the Statute of Frauds.
- Frieden, Rob. Privatization of Satellite Cooperatives: Smothering a Golden Goose?
- Pfeifenberger, Johannes P. and Houthakker, Hendrik S. Does Intelsat Face Effective Competition in the Provision of its Services?
- Sweeney, J. Gregory. Cybernetworks and Telecommunications Carriers.
- Srinagesh, Padmanabhan and Gong, Jiong. Network Competition and Industry Structure.
- McGarty, Terrence P. Disaggregation of Telecommunications.
- Lehr, William H. and Weiss, Martin B.H. The Political Economy of Congestion Charges and Settlements in Packet Networks.
- Tanaka, Tatsuo. Is Packet-Usage Pricing Inevitable?
- Solomon, Richard Jay. "Anything you can do, I can do better: I can do anything better than you..."
- Hudson, Heather E. New Communications Technologies for sDevelopment: Challenges for Africa.
- Um, Paul Noumba. Telecommunications Restructuring in Africa: Country Case Studies.
- Nuruddin, Mansur M. Models for the Development of Regional Telecommunications Networks.
- Herrera, Alejandra. Telecommunications in Nicaragua.
- Russell, Sheryl. Telecommunications in Guatemala.
- Dunn, Hopeton S. and Gooden, Winston S. Telecommunications in Jamaica.
- Chowdary, T.H. Telecommunications in India.
- Gannon, Brendan J. Telecommunications in Central Asia and the Trans-Caucasian Republics of the Newly Independent States.
- Vivekenand, P.V. Telecommunications in Jordan.
- Bayazit, Huseyin. Telecommunications in Turkey.
- Panel Transcription. Open Video Systems and the Media Marketplace.
- Einhorn, Michael. INTELSAT: A Reform Proposal.
- Koenig, Michael and Sione, Patrizia. The World at Stage III But Net at Stage II.
- Koenig, Michael. Intellectual Capital and Knowledge Management.
- Pavlik, John V. and Andrew Lih. Media Role of Computer Networks: Video on the Internet.
- Kalakota, Ravi. The Impact of Cybercommunications on Traditional Financial Services.
- Bauer, Johannes M. and Michelle F. Wilsey. National and Supra-National Regulation of Cybernetworks and Telecommunications Carriers.
- Samarajiva, Rohan. Cybercontent Regulation: From Proximate-Community Standards to Virtual-Community Standards?
- Hops, Jeffrey S. Cybermedia and Free Speech: Some Potential Pitfalls.
- McGarty, Terrence P. The Economic Viability of Wireless Local Loop and its Impact on Universal Service.
- Frieden, Rob. Business, Legal, Regulatory and Spectrum Challenges to Widespread Deployment of Wireless Telephony.
- Gabel, David and D. Mark Kennet. The Effect of Cellular Service on the Cost Structure of a Land-Based Telephone Network.
- Hills, Alex and Hung-Yao Yeh. Using Wireless Technology to Provide Basic Telephone Service in the Developing World.
- Trinkwon, David. Technology of Fixed-Wireless Access.
- Egan, Bruce. The Economics of the Wireless Local Loop.
- Noam, Eli M. Media Concentration in the United States: Trends and Regulatory Responses
- Noam, Eli M. Revolution in Access Control: Markets for Electronic Privacy.
- Noam, Eli M. Spectrum Auctions: Yesterday's Heresy, Today's Orthodoxy, Tomorrow's Anachronism. Taking the Next Step to Open Spectrum Access.
- Noam, Eli M. Supra-National Regulation for Supra-National Telecommunications Carriers?
- Noam, Eli M. Toward a Common Law of Telecom.
- Noam, Eli M. and Freeman, Robert. Are American Media Concentrated? A Decade of Empirical Evidence.
- Noam, Eli M. The Cyber-communications Revolution.
- Roddy, David. The Telecom Act of : A Comprehensive Overview of the New Law.
- Roddy, David. Dimensions of the PCS/Wireless Marketplace.
- Noam, Eli M. and Harumasa Sato. Kobe's Lesson: Dial 711 For "Open" Emergency Communications.
- Noam, Eli M. The Future of Television.
- Noam, Eli M. Electronics and the Dim Future of the University.
- Economides, Nicholas and Charles Himmelberg. Critical Mass and Entwork Evolution in Telecommunications.
- Economides, Nicholas. Quality Choice and Vertical Integration.
- Economides, Nicholas. The Incentive for Vertical Integration.
- Economides, Nicholas and William Lehr. The Quality of Complex Systems and Industry Structure.
- Economides, Nicholas. Mixed Bundling in Duopoly.
- Economides, Nicholas and Robert Schwartz. Electronic Call Market Trading.
- Economides, Nicholas and Jeffrey Heisler. Equilibrium Fee Schedules in a Monopolist Call Market.
- Ansari, Asim, Nicholas Economides, and Joel Steckel. The Max-Min Principle of Product Differentiation.
- Economides, Nicholas. The Economics of Networks.
- Economides, Nicholas. Network Externalities, Complementarities, and Invitations to Enter.
- Slaton, Christa Daryl. Televoting in the United States.
- Delli Carpini, Michael X. Voters, candidates, and Campaigns in the New Information Age.
- Westen, Tracy. Can Technology Save Democracy?
- Abramson, Jeffrey B. Electronic Town Meetings: An Idea Whose Time Has Come?
- Noam, Eli M. Reforming the Financial Support System for Universal Service in Telecommunications.
- Schement, Jorge Reina. Divergence and Convergence: The Evolving Informaiton Environment of the Home.
- Baker, R.D., with Hsi-Hui Chang and S.K. Majumdar. Profitability, Productivity, and Price Recovery Patterns in the U.S. Telecommunications Industry.
- Edited Remarks of Speakers. East-West Media Cooperation: The European Agenda.
- Grewlich, Klaus W. Towards an International Competition Policy in Global Telecommunications.
- Chamoux, Jean-Pierre. After Privatisation: Neo-Colonialism?
- Hursey, Douglas M. Inter-American Roaming.
- Frieden, Rob. Universal Personal Communications in the New Telecommunications World Order.
- Noam, Eli M. The Stages of Television: From Multi-Channel Television to Me-TV.
- MacCarthy, Mark. Broadcast Self-Regulation: The NAB Codes, Family Viewing Hour and Television Violence.
- Brown, Les. Self-Regulation in American Television: In Areas Aside From Program Content.
- Geller, Henry. Ownership Regulatory Policies in the U.S. Telecom Sector.
- Compaine, Benjamin. The Impact of Ownership Concentration on Content: Does it Matter?
- Lange, Bernd-Peter. The European Interest in the American Experience in Self- Regulation.
- Kim, Chang-Kon. Telecommunications Development and Policy Trends in the Republic of Korea.
- Kasdan, John. The Constitutionality of Mandatory Key Escrowing.
- Cohen, Daniel. Rationales for Export Restrictions on Cryptographic Software.
- Nelson, Julie. The Effect of Patents on the Cryptographic Industry.
- Kurtzman, Joel. "Welcome, Mr. Matsushita, to the New World."
- Mayer, Martin. Issues Facing the Development of an Electronic Payment Infrastructure.
- Daguio, Kawika. The History of Banks, the U.S. Government, and Payment Systems Improvements.
- Laster, David, and John Wenninger. Policy Issues Raised by Electronic Money.
- Hazlett, Thomas W. Assigning Property Rights to Radio Spectrum Users: Why did FCC License Auctions Take 67 Years?
- Frieden, Rob. Satellite-Delivered Universal Personal Communications: Market Development, Technological and Regulatory Issues.
- Sung, Liching. The Political Economy of International Standardization: The Case of the Third Generation Mobile Communications System.
- Musto, David K. Year-End Forces in Securities Markets.
- Vassalou, Maria G. Multiple-Country Versus Single-Country Tests of International Asset Pricing Models.
- Friedman, John. Fostering Development of Advanced Telecommunications Technologies: The F.C.C., the Pioneer's Preference, & Personal Communications Services.
- Noam, Eli M. Visions of the Media Age: Taming the Information Monster.
- Testimony on Foreign Ownership Reform Before the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation on SR-253.
- Testimony on Radio Spectrum Allocations and Valuation Before the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.
- Telecommunications and Economic Development for the New York-New England Region.
- The Three Stages of Television.
- Camp, L. Jean. Opportunities, Options and Obstacles in Electronic Commerce.
- Gauntt, John du Pre. Perceptions of Wealth in Information Networks: Some Issues for the Banking Sector.
- Glass, David L. Electronic Banking and Regulatory Environment: Principles, Problems, and Prolegoma.
- Carey, John. The Future of Electonic Banking: Consumer and Marketing Issues.
- Croson, David C. Impacts of Electronic Cash on Banking Economics.
- Macia, Elisa and Messer, Heidi. Copyright and Censorship in Cyberspace: Regulating on the Electronic Frontier.
- Koenig, Michael. Brief Communication. Information Policy: The Mounting Tension (value additive versus uniquely distributable 'public good')
- Koenig, Michael and Wilson, Thimas. Opinion Paper. Productivity Growth: The Take-Off Point.
- Noam, Eli M. Towards the Third Revolution of Television.
- Noam, Eli M. Will Universal Service and Common Carriage Survive the Telecommunications Act of 1996?
- NiShuilleabhain, Aine. Extra-Market Covariance Revisited: A Multi-Beta (Technology) CAPM.
- Noam, Eli M. Liberalization is Just the Beginning: From Competition to Self-Divestiture.
Vickrey Auctions for Spectrum: The Track Record at Columbia University
State of Telecom
15 W. 43rd Street New York NY
Columbia Institute for Tele-Information
New York, NY 10027
Phone: (212) 854-4222
Fax: (212) 854-1471
The Curl Ideas to wrap your mind around
Sowing Startup Success
Owen Davis ’08, managing partner of NYC Seed, doesn't believe people are born with a startup gene. "Anyone can launch," Davis says. "There’s a process that will minimize the silly mistakes new entrepreneurs make.”Read More
A Storyteller Goes Back to School
Amanda Kinsey ’12 has produced a film about Columbia University's storied past.Read More
New! The Best of Chazen Global Insights on Asia
A new publication collects the most popular thought leadership on Asia from Columbia Business School.Read More
Binu Nair Named Dean's Chief of Staff
Binu Nair has been named Chief of Staff of the Dean’s Office of Columbia Business School, effective September 8.Read More
How Can You Be Entrepreneurial in Any Organization?
Vince Ponzo '03 demystifies the entrepreneurial mindset.Read More
Joseph Stiglitz Responds to Thomas Piketty
Columbia University's resident Nobel laureate weigh in on Thomas Piketty's influential — and controversial — book “Capital in the Twenty-First Century.”Read More
Organic vs. Paid Advertising? Inside the Mind of An Online Browser
New research by Columbia Business School offers rare insights into what consumers are thinking when they land on the search engine results pageRead More
Columbia Business School’s Incoming Class Beats the Heat and ALS by taking the Ice Bucket Challenge Together
Incoming Columbia Business School students joined thousands of people around the country in taking the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and engaging in a friendly rivalry with other top business schools.Read More
Neurotect, the startup cofounded by Linda Chase-Jenkins ’93, is poised to transform the sports safety market — and save millions of lives.Read More