You are here
- Noam, Eli - A Grand Communication Bargain - Financial Times Online, November 12, 2008
- Aravantinos, Elias and John Papagiannopoulos. "Quality of Service in Ultrabroadband (UBB) Models." Communications & Strategies Special Issue (November 2008).
- Atkinson, Robert C. "Market Structure for Ultrabroadband." Communications & Strategies Special Issue (November 2008).
- Gentzoglanis, Anastassios and Elias Aravantinos. "Forecast Models of Broadband Diffusion and Other Information Technologies." Communications & Strategies Special Issue (November 2008)
- Katz, Raul. "Ultrabroadband Investment Models." Communications & Strategies Special Issue (November 2008): 99-115.
- Noam, Eli. "Ultrabroadband Networks: an Introduction to Research", Communications & Strategies, November 2008, pg 9 – 17
- Noam, Eli - John McCain: High Tech Leader? - Financial Times Online, September 16, 2008
- Noam, Eli - High Speed Politics - Financial Times Online, July 8, 2008
- Noll, A. Michael - The Test of Time - Telecommunications Magazine, July 7, 2008
- Katz, Raul - The Private Equity Phenomenon in Telecoms and Media – International Telecommunications Society, Montreal, June 25, 2008
- Noll, A. Michael - Long Live Videotex - Telecommunications Magazine, May 28, 2008
- Noam, Eli - TV, or not TV? - Financial Times Online, May 13, 2008
- Katz, Raul - The Economic and Social Impact of Telecommunications Output: Empirical Evidence in the US and Europe - ETNO Regulatory Economics Task Force, Brussels - April 30, 2008
- Atkinson, Robert C. - Market Structure For Ultrabroadband - University of Chicago - April 18, 2008
- Noam, Eli - Make the User the Gatekeeper- Financial Times Online, February 11, 2008.
- Katz, Raul - La sobrevaloración de las redes sociales en Internet (Spanish) - Nota Enter
- Katz, Raul - La Contribución de las TICs al Desarrollo Económico y la Cohesión Social en América Latina (Spanish)
- Bourdeau De Fontenay, Alain, Eric Bourdeau De Fontenay, and Lorenzo Maria Pupillo. "The Economics of Peer-to-Peer." Peer-to-Peer Video: The Economics, Policy, and Culture of Today’s New Mass Medium. Ed. Eli Noam and Lorenzo Maria Pupillo. New York: Springer, 2008.
- Noam, Eli. "Did AT&T die in Vain? An Empirical Comparison of AT&T and Bell Canada." Federal Communications Law Journal 61.1 (2008) : 119-132.
- Noam, Eli. "The Economics of User Generated Content and Peer-to-Peer: The Commons as the Enabler of Commerce."Peer-to-Peer Video: The Economics, Policy, and Culture of Today’s New Mass Medium. Ed. Eli Noam and Lorenzo Maria Pupillo. New York: Springer, 2008.
- Noam, Eli. "Electronics and the Future of Law Schools." The Journal of Contemporary Legal Issues Vol. 17 (2008) : 51-63.
- Noam, Eli. "If Fiber is the Medium, What is the Message? Next Generation Content for Next-Generation Networks" Communication and Strategies, (2008): 19-34.
- Noam, Eli. "TV or not TV: Three Screens, One Regulation?" Report to the Canadian Radio – Television and Telecommunications Commission, 2008, 102 pages.
- Atkinson, Robert C. - Network Neutrality: History Will Repeat Itself
- Katz, Raul - La entrada de fondos de inversion en el sector de las telecomunicaciones (y 1) (Spanish) - Nota Enter
- Katz, Raul - La entrada de fondos de inversion en el sector de las telecomunicaciones (y 2) (Spanish) - Nota Enter
- Katz, Raul - Las lecciones de Skype y el retorno a la exuberancia irracional (Spanish) - Nota Enter
- Noll, A. Michael - Is there room for two broadband competitors?
- Katz, Raul & Zangrilli, Paul - Are Internet Companies Overvalued (Again)? - What we can learn from eBay's Acquisition of Skype Leading Ideas: Booz, Allen, Hamilton Strategy+Business
- Roche, Edward M., "Second Life and Other Virtual Worlds: A Roadmap for Research"
- Noam, Eli, "Free the Edge," Financial Times Online
- Noam, Eli, "Economics 2.0? A Business Primer on Virtual Worlds," Financial Times Online
- Noam, Eli, "A Paradoxical Free Trade Agreement," Financial Times Online
- Noam, Eli, "Why Private Equity is a Problem for Private Media," Financial Times Online
- Noam, Eli, "Public Telecommunications 2.0: The Return of the State," Financial Times Online
- "Telecom Regulation for the 21st Century: Avoiding Grilock, Adapting to Change," Atkinson, Robert C., Journal on Telecommunications & High Technology Law - December 12, 2006
- Noam, Eli, "Deregulation and Market Concentration: an Analysis of Post-1996 Consolidations," Federal Communications Law Journal, Vol. 58, June 2006, p. 539.
- Noam, Eli, "Why the Internet Bad for Democracy" Communications of the ACM, Vol 48, No. 10, October 2005
- Noam, Eli, "Fundamental Instability: Why Telecom is Becoming a Cyclical and Oligopolistic Industry," Information Economics and Policy, Volume 18, Issue 3, September 2006, Pages 272-284
- Noam, Eli, "Media Scholars as Activists: Media De-Concentration as Social Reform?," Tulsa Law Review
- Noam, Eli, "Smart Homes," Global Agenda, World Economic Forum (January 2006), pp. 194-5
- Noam, Eli, "Is the Internet Still Wide Open and Competitive," Handbook of Internet Politics forthcoming
- Noam, Eli, "Moore’s Law at risk from industry of delay," The Financial Times online
- Noam, Eli, "Broadbandwagons at the Crossroad," The Financial Times
- Noam, Eli, "Good News for News," Financial Times Online
- Noam, Eli, "Third Way for Net Neutrality," Financial Times Online
- Noam, Eli, "Why Television Regulation Will Become Telecom Regulation," Financial Times Online
- Noam, Eli, "Telecom Leadership Changes Guard," Financial Times Online
- Noam, Eli, "Broadband Divergence"
- Noam, Eli, "Broadbandwagons at the Crossroad"
- Noam, Eli, "Business Models for the Telecom Industry"
- Noam, Eli, "Deregulation and Market Concentration: an Analysis of Post-1996 Consolidations"
- Noam, Eli, "File-sharing and Commercial Entry"
- Noam, Eli, "Fundamental Instability: Why Telecom is Becoming a Cyclical and Oligopolistic Industry"
- Noam, Eli, "Internet Market Concentration"
- Noam, Eli, "Internet-TV and the Global Flow of Filmed Entertainment"
- Noam, Eli, "Media Scholars as Activists: Media De-Concentration as Social Reform?"
- Noam, Eli, "Moore's Law at risk from industry of delay"
- Noam, Eli, "New platforms and content delivery opportunities: Creating and distributing content,"
- Noam, Eli, "Next Generation Networks: Summary"
- Noam, Eli, "Open Spectrum,"
- Noam, Eli, "Smart Homes"
- Noam, Eli, "The Impact of Accelerating Knowledge on the Business Firm"
- Noam, Eli, "The internet’s third wave"
- Noam, Eli, "The Medium is the Company: The Impact of Increased Knowledge on the Business Firm,"
- Noam, Eli, "Why the Internet is Bad for Democracy,"
- Odlyzko, Andrew, "The State of Telecom: Fundamental Drivers of Evolution"
- Palmer, Shelly, "Living in a Cloud: The Present Future of Wireless Connectivity
- Pepper, Robert, "Converghence and Futuire Netwotrks"
- Phythyon, Dan, "Swallows, Sausages, and the 1996 Act"
- Pressler, Larry, "Political Reflections on the 1996 Act"
- Riordan, Michael, "Do Procurement Auctions Solve the Universal Service Problem?"
- Rowe, Bob, "Key issues in universal service policy"
- Rowe, Bob, "Wireless Communications and Universal Service"
- Salant, David, "Technology Neutral Procurement for Narrowband and Broadband Services"
- Schwartzman, Andy, "Attempting To Write "Top To Bottom" Omnibus Legislation. Section 202(h) As An Object Lesson"
- Statz, Klaus-Peter, "The Ultrabroadband Media Cloud- Capacity Trends in the Home"
- Steinberg, Richard, "Procurement Options"
- Sterling, Chris, "Transformation: The 1996 Act Reshapes Radio"
- Strickling, Larry, "Was The Situation We Have Today Inevitable As A Matter Of Economic Reality?
- Strossen, Nadine, "The Telecommunications Act Of 1996 And The "Communications Decency Act" ("CDA"): An Essential First Amendment Issue"
- Taschdjian, Martin, "Optimal Determination of Universal Service Funding with Real Options"
- Thorne, John, "How The Legal Regime Alternately Attracts Or Repels Investment In The New Broadband Media"
- Ungerboeck, Gottfried, "Signal Processing and Moore's Law"
- Wallman, Kathleen, "Endangered Species Lassoes and Unmet Promises"
- Waz, Joe, "The Greatest Story Never Told: Cable and the '96 Act"
- Werbach, Kevin, "Policy Notes from the Ultranet"
- Wilkie, Simon, "Universal Service Reform & Wireless Policy"
- Zita, Ken, "Role of wireless in meeting universal service goals in developing countries"
- Hamilton, Booz Allen: Impact on cellular mobile providers
- Hazlett, Tom: What Really Matters in Spectrum Allocation Design
- Heller, Jonathon: Advertising Model
- Hogendorn, Christiaan: Entry and Vertical Disintegration
- Hogendorn, Christiaan: Is Broadband Competition "Ruinous"?
- Hudson, Heather: Discussant: WiMAX: A Reality Check
- Hudson, Heather: Wireless: Bridging the Digital Divide in Developing Regions
- Hunter, Lawson: Is the telecom industry doing better or worse in other countries? Why?
- Huxley, Sam: Next Gen Gaming
- Jensen, Michael C.: The Real Issues in Corporate Governance and Their Remedies
- Kaigo, Muneo: Uses for Emergency Communications
- Katz, Raul: Impact on cellular mobile providers
- Katz, Raul: Lessons learned and future agenda in building economic flexibility and returning to scale
- Kende, Michael: The Geographic Scope of Broadband Markets
- Kilbourne, Brett: The Drive Behind BPL in 2005: Internal Applications and Standards
- Kovacs, Anna Maria: Investor Sentiment: Picking Winners and Losers…or Just Staying Out of It
- Krauss, Bruce: The Legal Perspective: Sarbanes-Oxley, Regulatory Compliance and Corporate Finance Issues
- Kwerel, Evan: Market Mechanisms for Redeveloping Spectrum
- Levin, Blair: Discussant: What can government do to help recovery? And will the outcome of the election make a difference?
- Liebenau, Jonathon: Is network resiliency a catalyst for recovery? Or a further drag?
- Lucky, Robert: Telecommunication Basic Research: An Uncertain Future for the Bell Legacy
- MacAvoy, Paul W.: The Recurring Crisis in Corporate Governance
- Mattey, Carol: Key Characteristics of Competing Broadband Platforms
- Mayer-Schonberger, Viktor: Alternatives to P2P and to Video P2P Copying
- Mendelson, Ben: Today’s Technology and Tomorrow’s Promise
- Miller, Gene: IPTV Architectures
- Miller, Gene: Rural landscape-the last 10 miles
- Misra, Vishal: Encouraging resource sharing in peer-to-peer networks
- Moss, Andrew: Entertainment and Technology Convergence
- Netanel, Neil: A Compulsory Licensing System for the File Sharing of Copyrighted Video?
- Noam, Eli: A dim future for consumer electronics?
- Noam, Eli: Internet-TV and the Global Flow of Filmed Entertainment
- Noam, Eli: Is The American Information Sector Becoming More Concentrated?
- Noam, Eli: A company’s tools can define its structure
- Noam, Eli: An ‘arms race’ no one can stop
- Noam, Eli: Bad news for news
- Noam, Eli: Broadband and Wireless: The Next Telecom Crises
- Noam, Eli: Heroes of the internet frontier
- Noam, Eli: How to measure media concentration
- Noam, Eli: Introduction: Are Multiple Broadband Infrastructures Sustainable?
- Noam, Eli: State of the Industry, One Year Later: Lessons and Implications—
- Noll, A. Michael: Past wireless loop efforts: lessons
- Noll, Michael: Telecommunication Basic Research: An Uncertain Future for the Bell Legacy
- Nordgaard, Joe: WiMAX internationally
- Nordgard, Joe: A Case Study of CDMA 450
- O’Neill, Judith D.,: Discussant: The Legal Perspective: Sarbanes-Oxley, Regulatory Compliance and Corporate Finance Issues
- Odlyzko, Andrew: Is IPTV.1 a Waste of Internet Broadband?
- Oesterle, Dale: The Legal Perspective: Sarbanes-Oxley, Regulatory Compliance and Corporate Finance Issues
- Ostgard, Rune: Key Features Of Spectrum Policy Development In Europe; Legislation, Institutions, Trends, And The Way Forward
- Picot, Arnold: Is the telecom industry doing better or worse in other countries? Why?
- Pizzurro, Chris: Panelist
- Reichgut, Mitchell: Commercial and Marketing Implications
- Reingold, Dan: Discussant: Has Wall Street Mended Its Ways? Has Corporate Governance Improved in Light of Sarbanes Oxley?
- Reingold, Dan: Discussant: M&A in the ICT Sector: What "Deals from Hell" Can Tell Us about Corporate Governance
- Reithemeier, Todd: Discussant: Lessons learned and future agenda in building economic flexibility and returning to scale
- Robinson, Ken: Is the ICT Sector More Prone to Flawed Governance?
- Rosenbaum, Steve: The Audience as Content Creators
- Ross, Keith: Pollution in P2P File Sharing
- Rubenstein, Dan. P2P Relief for Web Flash Crowds
- Salant, David: Spectrum Commons Management
- Salemme, R. Gerard: Wireless Alternatives: WiMax
- Schulzrinne, Henning: Moderator: Technology (Peer-to-Peer Video as a Mass Medium)
- Scrime, Alan: ABP: Can They Compete With Fiber Optics? Where?
- Singh, Rajendra: Consultation on Spectrum Management Policy in India
- Slaughter, Lou: Wireless Alternatives: WiFiber
- Sleek, Scott: Independent Analysis
- Stages of Television and Their Economics
- Stages of Television and Their Economics
- Stahlman, Mark: Moderator: Economics (Peer-to-Peer Video as a Mass Medium)
- Steinmueller, Ed. Implications of P2P on Media and Telecom Policy
- Stiglitz, Joseph E.: The Role of Governance in Macroeconomic Performance
- Stolleman, Neal C.: Changes in Auditors’ Incentives since Sarbanes-Oxley
- Thompson, Jeff: Wireless Alternatives: Towerstream
- Thompson, Phil: Pinpointing On-Demand Content
- Tilmanis, Lara: Municipal WiMAX?
- Toll, Adam: Big Champagne: The State of Video P2P
- Tongia, Rahul: BPL’s Business Case Analyzed
- Wallach, Ari: Politics over IPTV
- Weller, Dennis: Verizon’s Fiber to the Home
- Werbach, Kevin: The Implications of P2P On Network Usage
- Zichermann, Gabe: Content Distribution Technology
- Zitter, Robert: More than Enhanced TV: Leveraging Content
- Zufolo, Jessica: Investor Sentiment: Picking Winners and Losers…or Just Staying Out of It
The Impact of the Internet on Employment and How to Deal with the Losers?"
Save the Date: CITI State of Telecom
Save the Date: Media Ownership and Concentration Around the World
Columbia Institute for Tele-Information
New York, NY 10027
Phone: (212) 854-4222
Fax: (212) 854-1471
The Curl Ideas to wrap your mind around
R. Gopalakrishnan of Tata Sons offers a surprising take on what’s truly new.Read More
Louis Bacon ’81 Donates Generously to Manhattanville Project
Louis Bacon ’81, has made a generous donation to Columbia Business School from The Moore Charitable Foundation (MCF).Read More
Columbia Business School Professor Predicts How Changes in Banking Laws Could Fuel Emerging Economies of Tomorrow
New research tracks emerging countries’ economics activity after law changes and finds a boost in access to credit; increase in employment rate; increase in productivity and sales for firmsRead More
Fabrizio Ferri Wins Best Paper Award From John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance
His paper, “Understanding Director Elections: Determinants and Consequences,” co-authored with Yonca Ertimur of the University of Colorado at Boulder and David Oesch of the University of Zurich, was presented at the Weinberg Center’s annual symposium on March 17.Read More
Is China Buying America?
Chinese investment in the United States is an unstoppable trend, say panelists at a recent Columbia Business School Asian Alumni eventRead More
Engineering Smarter Schools
Supporting public schools’ use of technology is a necessary but daunting challenge—one that makes Samantha Brenner ’08 tick.Read More
Reaching for the Stars
In November, NASA astronaut Timothy Kopra ’13 will blast off into space.Read More
A Fair Hearing for Sovereign Debt
Market-based solutions to sovereign-debt crises have a high potential for chaos. A prime example: Argentina’s default.Read More
As vice president and controller for Swann Galleries, Andrew Ansorge '76 wears many hats. Here, he talks about his presence in and intrigue with the New York art scene.Read More