- CJEB Faculty & Staff
- Visiting Fellows
- Board & Committees
- Japan Experts and Specialists
- Annual Reports
- Research & Publications
- Programs & Resources
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Library and Data Resources
- Past Programs
- Contact Us
Sumitomo Corporation of Americas Predoctoral, Doctoral, and Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Sumitomo Fellowship Program, established by the Center as part of a grant from the Sumitomo Corporation of Americas, provides support to recent Columbia University PhDs and PhD candidates specializing in some aspect of U.S.-Japan economic and business relations. Fellowship recipients typically spend a period in residence at the Center engaging in their own research and participating in the Center's programs. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
"Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Scholarship” - Full Tuition Coverage for Study in Japan
What is the Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Scholarship?
Each year, the Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Scholarship Foundation awards a scholarship for one full year of tuition and additional expenses to one Columbia student who wishes to study at a university or college in Japan. The student is chosen based on the recommendation of the Center on Japanese Economy and Business at Columbia Business School.
The application deadline for the academic year 2015-16 is February 27, 2015.
Who is eligible?
- All matriculated Columbia University graduate and undergraduate students are eligible to apply. The next available scholarship is for applicants who are interested in studying in Japan for the academic year April 2018-April 2019.
- Programs in Japan: The applicant shall aim to enroll in a undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral program at universities in Japan. Independent study is not supported.
- Nationality: All, except residents of Japan who have received education in Japan.
Additional requirements from the Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Scholarship Foundation are listed on the application materials.
- Do I need to be majoring in Economics or Business?
No, any major is fine. Past applicants reflect a wide range of studies (e.g., psychology, East Asian studies,business, political science).
- I am not fluent in Japanese, but still interested. Can I apply?
Yes, you can. There are many English language programs in Japan, some of which can be found in the following link sponsored by Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT)
How do I apply?
Please contact Michelle Tam, Coordinator at the Center on Japanese Economy and Business, at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive scholarship application materials. Please note that the successful applicant will need to apply directly to the Japanese university of his/her choice for admission.
Contact Michelle Tam, Coordinator at the Center, via e-mail at email@example.com.