B6690-001: Marketing the Arts, Culture & Entertainment
MW - Full Term, 09:00AM to 10:30AM
View course evaluation
Marketing the Arts, Culture and Entertainment (ACE) encompasses a focus on both for and not for profit organizations. ACE covers the diverse fields of commercial entertainment and visual arts, not for profit performing and visual arts as well as service and trade-related organizations in the cultural arts realm.
This course will:
- Supply the core knowledge/skills necessary to be an effective marketer in the Arts, Culture, and Entertainment industries.
- Provide an understanding of the similarities and differences in marketing ACE vs. more traditional applications from strategy to implementation tactics.
- Provide a framework for effective marketing and sales planning and strategy in the ACE environment.
- Thoroughly cover the tactical side of marketing including effective implementation of marketing programs.
Why take this course?
- This course is designed for management – a “strategic” perspective. Emphasis is placed on understanding the unique issues surrounding Arts, Culture, and Entertainment and how to successfully market.
- The ACE environment represents one of the fastest growing sectors of the economy.
- Arts, Culture, and Entertainment are a part of everyday life. Learning how to market in this arena provides unique insight into this industry sector.
- Core Text Based: Review and discuss text content
- Cases/Articles/Papers: Review and discuss cases and articles along with current ACE news
- Practitioner/Guest Discussions: Guest speaker (real world) case discussions
- Small Group Project: Designed to synthesize the text, lectures, and cases