Companies in general and
marketers in particular are under increasing pressure to produce two main
things: effective/productive spending and “real” revenue growth. This course addresses the second issue,
growth. More specifically, it looks at
three main (and inter-related) paths to growth: new products, brand building,
and customers. Participants play the
role of growth consultants/Chief Growth Officers. The course is designed for people interested in
management and consulting as well as in marketing. The course follows a workshop-style
approach, incorporating both “metrics” (quantitative thinking) and
1. To better understand how a firm can generate
2. To develop systematic skills to aid in
identifying and evaluating growth options.
3. To see how new product development,
branding, and customer management are related.
4. To have the opportunity to think in some
detail about a particular company’s strategy.
5. To develop the ability to gain insight from