This course helps students understand how firms communicate through financial statements. They learn how to:
- use financial statement analysis as an integral part of the strategic analysis of firms;
- interpret financial statements, make judgments about earnings quality, and uncover hidden assets and liabilities;
- apply financial statement analysis prospectively to forecast and value firms by applying modern accounting-based technologies.
The course has a very practical emphasis, with a wide variety of
cases, in-class exercises, and a group project, all involving
comprehensive analyses of publicly traded companies.
Professor Radha B. Radhakrishna is the Managing Partner at FAV Partners, a consulting services firm specializing in valuations, risk management, forensic accounting and data analytics for clients in asset management, and financial services. He also manages a value portfolio (equities) and authors a technical accounting series. He is an Adjunct Professor at Columbia Business School and the Wharton Business...
- Consulting / Business Services
- Financial Services
- General Management & Marketing