- Student Resources
- News and Ideas
- Community Events
- Support Us
Columbia Startup Lab (CSL) is Columbia University’s recent-alumni co-working space located on the ground floor of WeWork Soho West at 69 Charlton Street. It is a cross-school initiative between Columbia Entrepreneurship, Columbia Business School, Columbia Law School, School of Engineering and Applied Science, Columbia College, and the School of International and Public Affairs.
Resident ventures form a 71-person cohort of entrepreneurs from each of the partner schools. Together they comprise more than 40 startups. In its third year, the Lab has been “corporate headquarters” for more than 110 Columbia-founded ventures. To date about 20% of the teams are hiring, raising funding, and are cash flow positive with about 10% driving annual revenue of more than $1M. The Lab has become the symbolic nexus for Columbia’s commitment to entrepreneurship.
Sunday, March 12 at 11:59 PM EST: Application Deadline
• Teams must select one Columbia University-affiliated founding member from the above mentioned schools to apply.
• Only one application per team will be considered, regardless of the school in which the founder is affiliated.
Week of March 14
• Selection committee comprised of faculty and staff involved in entrepreneurship at Columbia will review applications
Weeks of March 20
• If deemed eligible, teams will be required to have an in-person interview with member(s) of the selection committee
Week of April 3
• Admissions decisions announced
CSL is open to recent alumni (five years or less from most recent degree) founders and their teams from Columbia College, Columbia Engineering, Columbia School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia Business School and Columbia Law School who are committed to working on their venture full-time.
- Teams must select one Columbia University-affiliated founding member, from the above mentioned schools to apply.
- Only one application per team will be considered, regardless of the school in which the founder is affiliated.
Liz Wilkes '13 of Exubrancy shares her experience at Columbia Startup Lab.