- Specialty Courses
- Columbia Startup Lab
- Student Resources
- Community Events
- Support Us
Through exciting programming with industry leaders, tailored advisory support and a network of peers, the Summer Startup Track fosters a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship for rising second year Columbia Business School students who are committed to advancing their ventures.
Participants will be expected to meet with an advisor, define and report on milestones, make progress on their ventures and give back to the other teams in the program. There is no cost to students for program participation.
The Summer Startup Track will run from June 6 through July 29, 2016.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis from February 22, 2016 until the start of the program.
- Current MBA or EMBA student who will be enrolled at Columbia Business School through the fall semester
- Defined venture idea as indicated through the application
- Commitment to work on venture during June and July. Note: those with internships/jobs or taking courses may apply if they plan to work on their venture as well
- Available and committed to attending several lunch ‘n learn and evening panel events throughout the summer
- Available and committed to attending two coaching sessions throughout the summer
- Applicants may apply as individuals or as formed teams
- You must apply with at least a well-articulated business plan if not a prototype or minimal viable product
- All teams must include at least one currently enrolled CBS student who will be returning to campus during the academic year
Eligible students must apply for program consideration.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis beginning February 22, 2016 until the program begins on June 6, 2016. Once 30 ventures are accepted, a waitlist will be in place if needed. Ventures will be pulled from the waitlist until June 6, 2016 if space becomes available.
Interested in working at a startup over the summer instead?
Contact Mark Jordan in the Career Management Center for MBA-appropriate summer internship opportunities.