- Lang Spotlight
Through exciting programming with industry leaders, tailored advisory support, a network of peers and optional co-working space, the Summer Startup Program fosters a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship for rising second year Columbia Business School students who are committed to advancing their ventures.
Participants will be expected to meet with an advisor, define and report in on milestones, make progress on their ventures, and give back to the other teams in the program. There is no cost to students for program participation.
- Current MBA or EMBA student who will be enrolled at Columbia Business School through the fall semester
- Defined venture idea including business model and rough market sizing
- Commitment to work on venture during June through August. Note: those with internships/jobs or taking courses may apply if they plan to work on their venture as well
- Available and committed to attending several lunch ‘n learn and evening panel events throughout the summer
- Available and committed to attending two coaching sessions throughout the summer
- CSL summer applicants may apply as individuals or as formed teams
- You must apply with at least a well-articulated business plan if not a prototype or minimal viable product
- All teams must include at least one currently enrolled CBS student who will be returning to campus during the academic year
Summer 2016 Deadlines
Please check back in spring 2016 for application guidelines.
Interested in working at a startup over the summer instead?
Contact Mark Jordan in the Career Management Center for MBA-appropriate summer internship opportunities.