You are here
Columbia Startup Lab - Summer
- Current MBA or EMBA student who will be enrolled at Columbia Business School through the fall semester
- Defined venture idea including business model and rough market sizing
- Commitment to work on venture during June through August. Note: those with internships/jobs or taking courses may apply if they plan to work on their venture as well
- Available and committed to attending several lunch ‘n learn and evening panel events throughout the summer
- Available and committed to attending two coaching sessions throughout the summer
- CSL summer applicants may apply as individuals or as formed teams
- You must apply with at least a well-articulated business plan if not a prototype or minimal viable product
- All teams must include at least one currently enrolled CBS student who will be returning to campus during the academic year
The Columbia Startup Lab Summer (CSL Summer) Program is designed for rising second year Columbia Business School students who are looking to advance their venture over the summer months. Through programming, advisory support, a network of peers and optional co-working space, it is the aim of CSL Summer to foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship by providing practical resources and mentorship to Columbia Business School entrepreneurs who are committed to their ventures.
Those who meet the following are encouraged to apply:
CSL members will be expected to meet with an advisor, define and report in on milestones, make progress on their ventures, and give back to the other teams in the program.
There is no cost to students for program participation.
Applications Due: 11:59PM, Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - Complete Application.
Selection Committee Application Review: February 25-March 6, 2015
Admission Decisions Announced: By week of March 9, 2015
If you have questions, please submit to Sandra Merrill email@example.com.
Interested in working at a start-up over the summer instead? Contact Mark Jordan in the Career Management Center for MBA-appropriate summer internship opportunities:
Summer Fellowship Program
The Summer Fellowship Program enables MBA students to contribute management expertise to growing startup organizations.
March 11, 2015
February 17, 2015
February 9, 2015
February 7, 2015
January 30, 2015
January 5, 2015
Browse businesses from our community of entrepreneurs.Visit
Join the Mailing List
Learn more about the program by subscribing to our email list.Sign Up
Innovation and Entrepreneurship @ Columbia provides a platform to develop new ideas by leveraging the cross-functional capabilities and knowledge of the University at large.
Ron Gonen '04 EMBA
Gonen came up with the idea for RecycleBank, a start-up that pays households for recycling, when he was a student at Columbia.
Andrea Wenner '05
Wenner considered several other ventures before developing Out2Play, a nonprofit that builds and refurbishes playgrounds at New York Public Schools.
Andrea Miller '02
After graduation, Miller launched Tango, a multimedia company focused on love and relationships. "Think Sex and the City meets Oprah."