Columbia Entrepreneurs Summer Programs
The Lang Center offers two summer programs:
Columbia Entrepreneurs Lab (CEL): We are very pleased to announce the formation of a new co-working, incubator space for the summer, Columbia Entrepreneurs Lab, located on the Morningside campus.
This cross-University initiative will host up to 30 individuals or about 15 to 20 teams. This is a dedicated co-working environment offered free of charge to admitted entrepreneurs. It is the aim of this incubator to foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship across campus by providing practical resources and mentorship to burgeoning Columbia entrepreneurs who are committed to their ventures.
• CEL applicants may apply as individuals or as formed teams. Space will only be supplied for up to three members per team.
• You must apply with at least a well-articulated business plan if not a prototype or minimal viable product.
• All teams must include at least one currently enrolled student (undergraduate or graduate) who will be returning to campus during the 2013-14 academic year.
• In addition to the one currently enrolled team member, seats in the incubator can only be offered to team members with a Columbia affiliation (i.e. student, alumnus or staff).
The details of the program are being finalized but CEL members will be expected to meet with mentors, define and report in on milestones, work full-time on their ventures, make significant progress and offer something back to the other teams in the program.
Application deadline: complete the application* by Wednesday, April 24th at 5:00 PM.
*The application is now closed. Meet the 2013 CEL class!
CEL in the News:
Columbia Entrepreneurs Lab Opens Its Doors
New Venture Track (NVT): is for students committed to working on their ventures over the summer. Admitted students will participate in a professionally facilitated peer network as well as individualized coaching sessions with experienced small business and entrepreneurial coaches. The students will also have access to several events sponsored by the Columbia Entrepreneurs Lab throughout the summer.
The program will run from June to late August with an initial peer network meeting at the beginning and a wrap up session at the end of August. We are pleased to announce that Barbara Roberts and Derek Lee ’08 will serve as the program’s facilitators and coaches. Individualized coaching sessions will be conducted each month.
Both the peer network meetings and the coaching sessions will be scheduled for early evening hours. All group sessions will similarly be held in the early evening.
Applicants will be admitted who meet the following requirements:
• Current MBA or EMBA student who will be enrolled at Columbia Business School through the fall of 2013
• Defined venture idea including business model and rough market sizing
• Commitment to work on venture during June and August 2013
• Available and committed to attending a three hour facilitated peer learning session on evening (start time: 6 pm on campus) each in June and August
• Available and committed to attending one coaching session on one weekday evening each in June and August
There is no cost to students for program participation.
Application Deadline: The application is now closed. Meet the 2013 NVT Class!
Please note: You will be also asked to upload your resume and executive summary at the end of the application. If you have any problems with the upload, please email your documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a first come first serve basis. The program is capped at 20 students.
Interested in working at a start-up over the summer instead?
Contact Mark Jordan in the Career Management Center for MBA-appropriate summer internship opportunities: