- Benefits & Features
- Student Life
- Student Organizations
- International Students
- The Culture of NYC
- Career Advantages
- Financial Aid
- Connect with Admissions
- Executive MBA
- Options & Locations
- Student Life
- Career Management
- Connect with EMBA
- Why a Columbia PhD?
- Job Market
- Master of Science
- Master of Science in Financial Economics
- Master of Science in Marketing
- Student Life
- Executive Education
- Comprehensive Management
- Social Enterprise
- Programs for Organizations
- Undergraduate Concentration
"In a world where digital marketing changes in the blink of an eye, it is important to get real world insights. A course like this provides that forum where theory, application, and diverse professionals intersect."
– Program Participant Kevin Strawbridge, Vice President Global eCommerce at Rackspace
The rise of digital technologies has transformed the marketing paradigm. Marketers today face a constant proliferation of social media channels, the growing power of the connected customer, and an explosion of new digital tools.
To succeed, marketers must be able to plan, implement, and measure the impact of digital strategies that are suited to today's customers and integrated with their traditional marketing and business goals.
The three-day program Digital Marketing Strategy focuses on how marketers can reach digitally savvy audiences, build deep customer relationships, and influence the digital path to purchase. Case studies will illustrate best practices from across b2b and b2c industries. Participants will leave with the frameworks and planning tools to lead new initiatives in their own companies.
Download the first chapter of David Rogers' new book, The Digital Transformation Playbook.
Please Contact Us
Please contact our Learning Solutions Specialists at 212-854-3395 for a personal conversation to learn more.
The course will provide executives with the case studies, best practices, and tools for digital marketing that meets the needs of today's organizations. Participants will learn to think strategically and achieve a variety of marketing goals, such as customer acquisition and loyalty, brand building, market entry, customer insight, and new product innovation using digital marketing.
Summary of Benefits:
- Evaluate the key technologies and digital tools available for marketing
- Understand your customers’ digital path to purchase
- Leverage social media for customer acquisition and retention
- Produce and curate relevant content to build customer relationships
- Understand how to use mobile and customized media to target customers more effectively
- Create strategies to collaborate with customers to drive innovation and insights
- Know how to integrate digital marketing with your offline strategies and traditional media
- Learn how to develop analytics to measure the impact and ROI of digital marketing
- Understand how to manage brand risk and set guidelines and expectations for online conversations
- Be able to determine the skill sets required for your own digital initiatives
Upon completion of this program, you will earn three days towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits. Learn more.
Digital Marketing Strategy combines a mix of dynamic lectures, interactive discussion, and group work in small teams. Sessions will focus on strategic concepts, frameworks, and case studies of digital marketing. Executives will apply the tools of the course to several real-world business challenges, as well as to their own organizations. Numerous case studies of successful companies will be examined from diverse industries – including b2b, healthcare, financial services, consumer goods, automotive, hospitality, media, technology, and business services.
Sample Session Titles
- From Mass Marketing to Customer Networks: Re-Thinking the Marketing Funnel
- Access Strategy: Mobile, Local, in the Cloud, and On-Demand
- Engage Strategy: Creating and Curating Content as a Marketing Tool
- Connect Strategy: Mining Social Media Conversations for Insights and Influence
- Collaborate Strategy: Contests, Contribution, Crowd Funding, and Open Platforms
- Best Practices for Brands on Social Networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and More
- Making Digital Matter: Metrics, ROI, and Agile Modeling
- The Digital Advertising Mix: Search, Display, E-mail, Video – Using Each and Measuring Impact
- Lessons from Brand Failures in Digital Marketing
- Emerging Technologies: What's New on the Horizon and the Opportunities for Marketers
- A Five-Step Process for Planning and Executing Digital Marketing Strategies
Download the first chapter of David Rogers' The Network Is Your Customer.
PARTICIPANT PROFILE & TESTIMONIALS
Digital Marketing Strategy is designed for mid- and upper-level executives responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategy in b2b and b2c companies. It also is well suited for executives who develop or lead digital marketing for client companies.
Alumni and up to four of their colleagues are eligible for a 25 percent tuition benefit for programs lasting up to seven days. More on the Alumni Tuition Benefit.
Typical Participant Mix
Years of Management Experience
Hear from Past Participants:
"Truly beneficial to my development in this area, it provided practical tools to apply almost immediately into my business and its digital marketing plan." – Alex Harper, GM/Owner, White Lotus Foods
"Columbia Business School's [Digital Marketing Strategy] offers an effective ‘ready to use’ homework structure and approach combined with great insights to inspire you." – Pascal Dehenain, Owner / Manager, D-Factor
"This program has re-energized me to take a more accelerated and forward thinking approach to lead generation for the company I work for. Being out of the office in a classroom setting with smart, experienced marketing talent is refreshing and sparks creative, strategic thinking!" – Nita Patel, Vice President, Global Programs Marketing, Kofax, Inc.
"[Digital Marketing Strategy] offers a stimulating & exciting learning experience with real-world examples and a strategic framework you can apply immediately in your work place." – William Foley, Sr. Digital Marketing Information Manager, Novartis
David Rogers, Faculty Director
Executive Director of BRITE, Center on Global Brand Leadership at Columbia Business School
Faculty Member, Executive Education
David Rogers is the founder and host of the Center on Global Brand Leadership's acclaimed BRITE conference on brands, innovation, and technology, where global CMOs come together with leading technology firms, start-ups, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders, to address the challenges of building strong brands in the digital age. Rogers is a globally recognized leader on brands and digital strategy, known for his pioneering model of customer networks. He has advised global companies on marketing and digital strategy, including Visa, Lily, SAP, Kohler, Macmillan and China Eastern Airlines. He has appeared on CNN, CNBC, Marketplace, Reuters, and Channel News Asia in addition to delivering keynotes at conferences worldwide on the ways that technology is transforming brands and business strategy.
Rogers is the author of three books, most recently, “The Network Is Your Customer: 5 Strategies to Thrive in a Digital Age.” His latest research, and next book, addresses how companies can link digital strategies to clear business objectives in an era of constant disruptive change.
Along with David Rogers, additional Columbia Business School faculty contribute to and teach in the program.
Participants may enroll in a combined Digital Marketing Strategy Week, which combines the three-day Digital Marketing Strategy program with the two-day Digital Marketing Strategy 2. The second workshop style program allows participants to create their own strategic plan with the help of peers and faculty members.