Personal Leadership and Success is a unique leadership program focusing exclusively on personal leadership skills. Based on breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, and cognitive behavior therapy, the program provides powerful techniques for tangible personal improvements and greater leadership skills.
Leadership is often approached in terms of one's ability to understand and direct our external environment including people, organizations, and events.
Personal Leadership and Success takes the view that to succeed professionally one needs to develop another dimension of leadership consisting of the ability to understand and direct one's internal environment–goals, motivations, mindsets, and emotions.
This three-day program offers a distinctive approach that integrates recent findings in psychology, neuroscience, and cognitive behavior therapy with explorations of the inner lives of great achievers such as Mahatma Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, and Nelson Mandela.
Until recently, the only way to explore this mastery of the inner environment has been through the teachings of philosophers, prophets, or self-help "gurus." These historical and modern sources of wisdom essentially rely on faith while Personal Leadership and Success replaces this approach with scientifically validated, practical insights and techniques for understanding and mastering one's inner environment.
For a complete program schedule download the agenda.
Please Contact Us
Please contact our Learning Solutions Specialists at 212-854-3395 for a personal conversation to learn more.
Personal Leadership and Success is designed for all levels of executives.
Alumni and up to four of their colleagues are eligible for a 25 percent tuition benefit for programs lasting up to seven days. More on the Alumni Tuition Benefit.
Personal Leadership and Success provides powerful insights and practical techniques to gain greater success in your professional and personal lives through an enhanced understanding and mastery over your inner environment. Lectures are supplemented by exercises involving introspection, self-evaluation, and the application of specific techniques.
- Learn what impact your internal environment has on your success
- Understand your current level of mastery over different aspects of your inner environment and how it compares with top performers
- Discover practical techniques to cultivate a winner's mindset that will allow you to perform at your optimum
- Implement techniques that further develop your personal leadership skills
- Personal reflections, group discussions and applications of personal leadership techniques
- Gain a deeper understanding of your core values and how to align your day-to-day behavior and priorities with these values
- Find ways to turn personal and organizational adversities into unique value-creating opportunities
Upon completion of this program, you will earn three days towards a Certificate in Business Excellence. Learn more.
Professor of Professional Practice in Marketing
Associate Faculty The Institute for Personal Leadership
Kravis Professor of Business in Management
The Three Pillars of Personal Leadership
- How the conventional view of leadership limits us
- What science and the lives of great achievers are teaching us about personal leadership
Goals, Values and Purpose
- What the new science of happiness is showing about how we often engage in a futile pursuit of goals
- The difference between a goals-driven and values-driven approach to life; the path taken by great achievers
- What science is telling us about the impact of infusing our work with a sense of purpose
- Closing critical gaps that exist today between our values and our day-to-day life
- How our values can evolve—lessons from the lives of great achievers
How Much Can You Change?
- The extent to which it is possible to fundamentally change our personality, character, temperament, and intelligence
- How our mindset can stimulate or inhibit our personal development
- Recent findings from neuroscience on how much the brain can change in adult life
- The extent to which great achievers have been able to transform themselves
The Science of Personal Development
- The four-step method for developing new skills that is being used by world-class performers
- What new findings in neuroscience tell us about how the brain can be re-sculpted
- Why our resolutions to change ourselves often fail and the right way to eliminate destructive drives and cultivate positive habits
Mastering Your Emotions and Moods
- The pros and cons of anger, anxiety, and optimism. How they affect our performance and our health
- The optimal state for each of these emotions
- Typical ways in which we have been taught to deal with our emotions and how they get us in trouble
- The science of emotional mastery. Practical steps you can start today to make rapid strides toward this mastery
Role of Forgiveness in Leadership
- Why we often misunderstand the meaning of forgiveness
- Recent scientific findings on the importance of forgiveness
- Practical methods to practice forgiveness and how great achievers practiced it
- The three levels of managing adversity
- What the latest science is revealing about how people manage adversity, what is optimal and how this relates to our performance and health
- How great achievers have approached adversity
For a complete program schedule download the agenda.
Proficiency in English is essential. View the language requirements