- Benefits & Features
- Student Life
- Student Organizations
- International Students
- The Culture of NYC
- Career Advantages
- Financial Aid
- Connect with Admissions
- Executive MBA
- Options & Locations
- Student Life
- Career Management
- Connect with EMBA
- Why a Columbia PhD?
- Job Market
- Master of Science
- Master of Science in Financial Economics
- Master of Science in Marketing
- Student Life
- Executive Education
- Comprehensive Management
- Social Enterprise
- Programs for Organizations
- Undergraduate Concentration
"In the digital-first business era, developing strategies and business models to rethink how your organization can thrive will be key to any organization's future viability."
– The program's Faculty Director David Rogers
Today, every business is, in part, a digital business. In every industry, traditional business models and processes are being transformed by the spread of new digital technologies and the rise of new disruptive threats.
In order to adapt and thrive, organizations need leaders who can think strategically and harness each wave of digital change to create new value for customers and new opportunities for their business.
The three-day program Digital Business Strategy focuses on how executives can innovate new strategies and business models in order for their organizations to thrive in the digital age. Case studies will feature both digital trailblazers and traditional enterprises that are adapting to the digital age. Participants will leave with a set of planning tools and strategies to apply immediately in their own companies.
Download the first chapter of David Rogers' new book, The Digital Transformation Playbook.
Please Contact Us
Please contact our Learning Solutions Specialists at 212-854-3395 for a personal conversation to learn more.
The course will provide executives with the frameworks, case studies, and strategic planning tools needed to adapt their businesses to grow in the digital age. Participants will learn to think strategically and lead digital initiatives related to customer engagement, data analytics, channel alignment, lean innovation, product strategy, and disruptive competition.
Summary of Benefits:
- Develop new products, services, and business models for digital customers
- Leverage your customers’ participation, data, and knowledge for competitive advantage
- Develop platform strategies to capture value beyond your own products and services
- Evaluate and manage shifting relationships with partners in your value chain
- Understand how data and analytics can be used for innovation and for smarter decision-making
- Be able to apply the lessons of lean startups to any size business
- Build a test-and-learn culture to accelerate innovation
- Adapt and evolve your value proposition to stay ahead of disruptive trends
- Think like the disruptor and assess the disruptive potential of new business models
- Lead organizational change to drive digital transformation through skills, roles, processes, and culture
Upon completion of this program, you will earn three days towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits. Learn more.
Digital Business Strategy combines a mix of dynamic lectures, interactive discussion, and group work in small teams. Sessions will focus on strategic concepts, frameworks, and case studies of digital innovation and organizational change. Executives will apply the tools of the course to real-world business challenges, as well as to their own organizations. Strategic concepts will be illustrated through case studies of companies in diverse industries – including retail, consumer goods, b2b, hospitality, financial services, healthcare, automotive, media, technology, and business services.
Sample Session Titles:
- The 5 Domains of Digital Transformation: A Holistic Framework
- Customer Network Strategy: Understanding and Harnessing Digital Behaviors
- Platforms, Copetition, and Multi-Sided Business Models
- Big Data at Work: New Data Types, New Tools, and New Organizational Processes
- The Data Asset Map: Building the Value of Your Data Over Time
- A/B testing, Experimentation, and Minimum Viable Products
- Translating the Lean Startup to Enterprise-Scale Innovation
- Value Proposition Adaptation: A Customer-Centric Tool for Rapid Change
- The Disruptive Business Model Map: Customer Trajectories, Network Effects, and Disruptive Scope
- Surviving Disruption: Six Incumbent Responses to a Disruptive Challenger
- Leadership and the Customer Value Imperative
Request a sample chapter of David Rogers's new book "The Digital Transformation Playbook."
PARTICIPANT PROFILE & TESTIMONIALS
Digital Business Strategy is designed for upper- to senior-level executives responsible for leading strategy, innovation, and organizational change in their companies, or client firms.
Alumni and up to four of their colleagues are eligible for a 25 percent tuition benefit for programs lasting up to seven days. More on the Alumni Tuition Benefit.
Typical Participant Mix
Years of Management Experience
Hear from Past Participants:
David Rogers, Faculty Director
Faculty Member, Executive Education
Executive Director of BRITE, Center on Global Brand Leadership
David Rogers is a globally-recognized leader on brands and digital business strategy. He has advised startups and global companies on digital strategy, including Visa, SAP, Kohler, Pernod Ricard, Toyota, China Eastern Airlines, and others. He has appeared on CNN, CNBC, Channel News Asia, The Economist, and The Wall Street Journal, in addition to delivering keynotes at conferences worldwide on the ways that technology is transforming brands and business strategy.
Rogers is also the founder and host of the Center on Global Brand Leadership's acclaimed BRITE conference on brands, innovation, and technology, where global CEOs and CMOs come together with leading technology firms, media companies, and entrepreneurs, to address the challenges of building strong brands in the digital age. His recent research at the Center has focused on big data, the Internet of Things, in-store mobile shoppers, and data privacy.
Rogers is author of four books, including the forthcoming, "The Digital Transformation Playbook: Rethink Your Business to Adapt and Thrive in the Digital Age."
Along with David Rogers, additional Columbia Business School faculty contribute to and teach in the program.