Building Relationships With Business Leaders
Among the first of its kind when it was founded nearly four decades ago, the Executives in Residence Program at Columbia Business School integrates senior executives into the life of the School. Current executives in residence include experts in areas ranging from media and investment banking to private equity and management, drawn from such companies as Goldman Sachs and McKinsey.
A hallmark of the program is one-on-one counseling sessions in which executives advise students on their prospective career choices. Retired or semiretired, these seasoned leaders also teach classes, participate in student-run conferences, and organize informal lunches for groups of students with common interests, among many other activities.
While the School hosts hundreds of business practitioners as visiting lecturers and conference participants each year, executives in residence maintain uniquely deep, long-term relationships with the School.
Executives in Residence Program
Columbia Business School
211 Uris Hall
New York, NY 10027
- Bruce Usher Named Faculty Director of Social Enterprise Program
- Gary Appel ’77 Named Executive in Residence
- Surya N. Mohapatra Named Executive in Residence
- Jesse Greene and Jack Mitchell Named Executives in Residence
- Bruce Usher Named Co-director of Social Enterprise Program
- Robert H. Herz, former Chairman of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), named an Executive in Residence at the School