University Professor, Columbia University
University Professor. Teaching at the Columbia Business School, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (Department of Economics) and the School of International and Public Affairs
Co-founder and Co-President of the Initiative for Policy Dialogue (IPD)
Co-Chair of the High-Level Expert Group on the Measurement of Economic Performance and Social Progress, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
Chief Economist of The Roosevelt Institute
Professor Stiglitz's Latest Book:
The Euro: How a Common Currency Threatens the Future of Europe, W.W. Norton, August 2016. Also Published in the UK by Allen Lane/Penguin. Audiobook by Audible.
- Interview on new book "The Euro", New York Times, live interview on Facebook, July 26, 2016.
- How a Currency Intended to Unite Europe Wound Up Dividing It, New York Times, July 27, 2016.
- 3 Ways to Fix the EU from a Nobel-Prize Winner, Fortune, July 29, 2016.
- Nobel Laureate Stiglitz Says Sovereignty Is at the Root of Challenges to the European Union, TheStreet, August 2, 2016.
- Joseph Stiglitz on Brexit, Europe's Long Cycle of Crisis, and Why German Economics is Different, Quartz, August 16, 2016.
- 8 Questions with Joseph Stiglitz, TIME, August 18, 2016.
- "An Utter Failure": Joseph Stiglitz on the Euro and Europe's Uncertain Future, New Republic, August 18, 2016.
- Salon Live Interview on Facebook, August 22, 2016.
Published Extracts and OpEds...
- The Problem with Europe is the Euro, The Guardian, August 10, 2016.
- A Nobel-Winning Economist Has a Plan to Save Europe, Vanity Fair, August 8, 2016.
- A Split-euro is the Solution for Europe's Single Currency, Financial Times, August 16, 2016.