University Professor, Columbia University
Chief Economist of The Roosevelt Institute
Co-founder and Co-President of the Initiative for Policy Dialogue (IPD)
Co-Chair of the High-Level Expert Group on the Measurement of Economic Performance and Social Progress, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
Professor Stiglitz's Latest Book:
The Euro: How a Common Currency Threatens the Future of Europe, W.W. Norton, August 2016. Also Published in the UK by Allen Lane/Penguin. Audiobook by Audible.
Published Extracts and OpEds...
- Reform or Divorce in Europe, Project Synidcate, August 22, 2016.
- A Split-euro is the Solution for Europe's Single Currency, Financial Times, August 16, 2016.
- The Problem with Europe is the Euro, The Guardian, August 10, 2016.
- A Nobel-Winning Economist Has a Plan to Save Europe, Vanity Fair, August 8, 2016.
- The Brutal Battle Over the Euro, The New York Review of Books, December 8, 2016.
- The Failure of the Euro, The New Yorker, October 24, 2016
- A Closer Look With Arthur Levitt: Joseph Stiglitz, Bloomberg, October 15, 2016
- A Knot in the Purse Strings: Where the European Monetary Union Went Wrong, New Statesman, October 14, 2016
- Nobel Laureate Stiglitz Sees Italy, Others Leaving Euro Zone in Coming Years, CNBC, October 6, 2016
- Euro Septic: The Problems with the European Single Currency and the Unlikelihood of a Solution, TLS (The Times Literary Supplement), September 30, 2016
- Europe and the Future of the Euro, Columbia University, September 28, 2016
- Stiglitz Speaks: On Globalization’s Grand Failure, Apple, And Bad Trade Deals, Huffington Post, September 16, 2016
- Is the Euro Killing Europe?, Slate/Politics & Prose, September 15, 2016 (video link)
- The Real Issues Of The Eurozone And How To Solve Them, Social Europe, September 8, 2016
- Here’s Why Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz Thinks the Euro Is Doomed, Fortune, September 8, 2016
- Behind Joe Stiglitz's Dire View of the Euro, Reuters, September 7, 2016
- C-SPAN "Book TV" Lecture, C-SPAN, September 7, 2016
- Joseph Stiglitz: 'The EU's monetary union was the mistake', The Telegraph Business, September 4, 201
- Is Project Europe Doomed?, Harvard Business Review, September 2016
- Nobel Prize-Winning Economist Explains the Key Factor That's Tearing Europe Apart, Inc.com, August 31, 2016
- Is Europe Heading To Economic Disaster?, US News, August 25, 2016
- Joseph Stiglitz on the Euro, KPFA-FM, August 25, 2016
- "Flawed at Birth": Why the Eurozone Faces Endless Division, Sirius XM, August 24, 2016
- Stiglitz: The Days of the Euro are Numbered, Yahoo Finance, August 23, 2016
- Joseph Stiglitz on Europe's Economic Challenges, CNN, August 23, 2016
- Salon Live Interview on Facebook, Salon, August 22, 2016
- Stiglitz: Italy Could be the 'Cataclysimic Event' that Leads to the Fall of the Eurozone, Business Insider, August 22, 2016
- Stiglitz on Common Currency Threatening Europe Future, Bloomberg, August 22, 2016
- Bloomberg TV "Surveillance" Interview, Bloomberg, August 18, 2016
- Joseph Stiglitz Asks, "Can the Euro be Saved?", NPR/WNYC, August 18, 2016
- Surveillance: Stiglitz, Valliere, Zentner, Ross, Bloomberg, August 18, 2016
- Euro Currency Sinking Eurozone, Says Stiglitz, The Street, August 18, 2016
- Nobel Prize Winner Joseph Stiglitz Says Euro Was Flawed From The Start, Huffington Post, August 18, 2016
- Stiglitz Wants 'Amicable Divorce' If Euro Area Can't Reform, Bloomberg, August 18, 2016
- 8 Questions with Joseph Stiglitz, TIME, August 18, 2016
- "An Utter Failure": Joseph Stiglitz on the Euro and Europe's Uncertain Future, New Republic, August 18, 2016
- Is the Euro to Blame for Europe's Problems?, NPR, August 18, 2016
- The Future of Europe and the Euro: Joseph Stiglitz, CNBC, August 17, 2016
- Fixing Our Slow-Growth Economy, NPR/WBUR, August 17, 2016
- What Can be Done to Save the Euro?, MSNBC, August 17, 2016
- Joseph Stiglitz on Brexit, Europe's Long Cycle of Crisis, and Why German Economics is Different, Quartz, August 16, 2016
- Europe Needs a Two-Tier Solution to Move Past Brexit, Bloomberg, August 12, 2016
- Nobel Laureate Stiglitz Says Sovereignty Is at the Root of Challenges to the European Union, TheStreet, August 2, 2016
- 3 Ways to Fix the EU from a Nobel-Prize Winner, Fortune, July 29, 2016
- How a Currency Intended to Unite Europe Wound Up Dividing It, New York Times, July 27, 2016
- Interview on new book "The Euro", New York Times, live interview on Facebook, July 26, 2016
- Great Decisions on PBS, Episode 1: The European Union, 2016 Series.
Books of the Year...