- For Students
Brand Leadership: Strategy, Management, and Performance
A brand is a pivotal strategic and financial asset for any organization. In collaboration with the school's Executive Education program, the Center is pleased to launch:
May 9-11, 2016
November 1-3, 2016
In this program you will learn how to build a strong brand identity, a superior brand experience, and lasting brand loyalty. You will be able to differentiate your brand from the competition, sustain its differentiation and competitive advantage, and maximize its impact and profitability. The program is fast paced, dynamic, and practical, combining interactive lectures and discussions with case studies, planning exercises, and other group work.
At the Center, the program’s co-directors, Professors Bernd Schmitt and Michel Tuan Pham, have developed some of the key ideas in brand marketing and management today and built them into the Executive Brand Leadership Model ™, a powerful set of practical tools that will be used in the program for managing and leveraging brand assets in today’s global and digital environments.
Columbia Business School, New York, NY
>> More information and registration
Custom Executive Programs
The Center can also offer custom executive seminars for companies in all industries to train executives in the critical tools of brand management, including:
- Customer Experience Management
- Strategic Innovation
- Brand Positioning
- Brand Architecture and Portfolios
- Digital Brand Strategy
The seminars are led by the Center's faculty director, Professor Bernd Schmitt, who has spent the last 20 years teaching both MBA students and corporate executives on these issues while also working directly with corporate clients on their marketing and brand strategies. Prof. Schmitt is the author of the ground-breaking books Experiential Marketing and Customer Experience Management, as well as Big Think Strategy, Happy Customers Everywhere, and his latest The Changing Face of the Asian Consumer. Additional teaching expertise is provided by David Rogers, Faculty Director, Executive Education, whose latest book is The Network is Your Customer: 5 Strategies to Thrive in a Digital Age.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-212-854-0658 to discuss your interests and needs for a custom seminar so that we can work together to design a program that will help you effectively reach your business goals.
Free Online Seminar
The Center on Global Brand Leadership has collaborated with the Financial Times to develop a short, online seminar based on Bernd Schmitt's three-day executive program on Customer Experience Management.
The Financial Times is offering the online class free to all, available without registration. Click below to experience all five sessions of the class:
- Part 1: Why experiential marketing?
- Part 2: Key concepts in experiential marketing
- Part 3: The framework for managing customer experience
- Part 4: Implementing the customer experience
- Part 5: Using experience to drive bottom line growth
Open Enrollment Classes
Open enrollment classes are offered at Columbia Business School through the Executive Education department. Some of the courses in the fields of marketing and strategy include:
- Digital Marketing Strategy Week (June 13-17, 2016 | Sep 26-30, 2016)
- Business-to-Business Marketing Strategy (May 23-25, 2016 | Oct 26-28, 2016)
- Innovate on Demand: Creativity as a Skill, Not a Talent (June 1-3, 2016)
- Pricing Analytics: The Art and Science of Profitable Growth (Mar 31 - Apr 1, 2016)
- Creating and Executing Breakthrough Strategy (June 5-10, 2016 | Nov 6-11, 2016)
- Strategic Intuition (June 8-9, 2016)
- Digital Storytelling Strategy (April 21, 2016 | Oct 20, 2016)
Please visit the Executive Education homepage for more information and a complete schedule of its courses.