- Forgot Your Password?
- Choosing a Laptop
- Orientation Information
- OneDrive For Business
- Information and Infrastructure Committee (IIC)
- Student FAQ
- Faculty Computing Committee
- Windows 10
- Faculty FAQ
- OneDrive For Business
- Travel Tips for Mobile Device Use
- Information Security
- Useful Downloads
ITG has activated Microsoft’s OneDrive for all members of Columbia Business School. OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud storage service and is part of our MS Office 365 implementation. Store your documents, pictures, and other files safely and access them from any device connected to the Internet. This feature provides every student with 5 TB (terabyte) of personal cloud storage that can be used for documents, backups, collaboration and file sharing, and other lawful uses. You can upload files up to 10GB in size, and it keeps a number of prior versions of your files, which allows you to revert in case of an unwanted edit/delete. You can also familiarize yourself with our backup recommendations for students found here.
Here are a few examples of uses for OneDrive:
- Online file storage
- Sync to all of your computers/phones
- Mobile access to files
- Share single documents or folders to anyone (internal / external to CBS)
- Encrypt files in transit and in the cloud
The CBS version of OneDrive (the formal product name is OneDrive for Business) should not to be confused with the retail versions of OneDrive, which can be joined up for free on the web. To log in to our version, you will need to go to the same portal as our Outlook Web Access (https://mail.gsb.columbia.edu).
- It authenticates off of your GSB credentials, so you will need to log in with the same username and password that you do for online email. Once in the portal, click the Office 365 icon in the top left hand corner (looks like nine stacked dots), and select the OneDrive icon.
- Outsiders cannot use aspects that require authentication.
Watch a brief video on how OneDrive provides ample opportunity for sharing and collaboration.
Also, you can download a desktop application that will allow you to do automatic syncing of the contents of your OneDrive. Watch a video with more info about the app.
***One thing to keep in mind is that you will only have access to your OneDrive account provided by CBS while you are affiliated with the School (e.g., until you graduate for students, or leave as an employee). Therefore, you will need to download any files in the account that you will want to keep BEFORE your affiliation with the School ends.***
For questions or concerns, please contact your respective support organization: