- IBS Curriculum
- Innovation and the Value of Privacy
- Diversity and Inclusion for All
- Growth for Entrepreneurs
- Can My Company Change?
- Business and Politics
- Small Worlds of Governance
- Bolder Policies for Diversity?
- Governance and Compensation
- The Quantitative Revolution
- Inclusive Leadership
- Preventing the Next Crisis
- Universities and Women
Each student board member is expected to:
- Organize at least one event per semester for an IBS session or as part of a speaker series under the auspices of the center;
- Write one article per semester for the Bottom Line, the center’s Web site or other School publications highlighting a center event or agreed-upon topic;
- Attend monthly Leadership and Ethics Board planning meetings to coordinate speaker events and any other related activities;
- Help review the School’s curriculum in the areas of leadership and ethics and identify opportunities for course development;
- Participate in outreach and marketing activities highlighting leadership and ethics issues, such as Student Life and Admissions Office presentations; and
- Participate in dialogue, discussion and problem-solving forums around various community issues at the School, along with other student leadership groups, with the Dean's Office, Student Life, Academic Affairs, Admissions, etc.
To be considered for the Leadership and Ethics Board, you should be enrolled in the Columbia MBA or EMBA Program and have started or completed at least one term of core Business School courses. Students are chosen to serve for two semesters with the possibility of continuing for up to four semesters. Students are selected at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters based on a written application and an informal interview. The applications are due in late August and early January, at the start of the semester.
All applications should be provided in hard copy and sent via e-mail.
Students selected to join the Leadership and Ethics Board will be notified by e-mail and on the Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. Center Web site.
How to apply
Application details will be sent to incoming new students by email, and included in Orientation materials.