- Academic Essentials
- Academic Support
- Student Life
- Career Management Center
- Financial Aid
- The Office of Student Affairs
Thomas J. Watson Library of Business & Economics
The Thomas J. Watson Library of Business & Economics Study Room Scheduling application was designed to enable Columbia Business School students to reserve study rooms according to the usage policies noted below.
Please make sure you are logged in to the Columbia Business School web site with your Lifetime ID (e.g. JSmith09).
Study Room Scheduling and Use Policies
- Study rooms can be used by Columbia Business School students for group study only. Non business school students will be asked to show Columbia University ID and are required to move to another location in the library.
- Columbia Business School students are required to place a Columbia University ID [HH sticker must be visible] in the ID card holder outside the room.
- Study rooms may be reserved for a minimum of 3 participants. Room capacity is limited to a maximum of 6 participants.
- Rooms can be scheduled any time from 8 days in advance up to the session's start time
- Each student may make a maximum of 5 room reservations in the NEXT 8 days.
- Students have the option of booking back-to-back reservations in the same study room. Extended/double reservations in the same room will count as 2 separate reservations toward your weekly quota.
- The grace period for arriving at the scheduled room is 10 minutes after the start of the room reservation. After 10 minutes, the room will be available to Business School students on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Unscheduled rooms may be used by Columbia Business School students on a first come/first served basis.
- The schedule of reserved rooms is posted by a library staff member outside the door of each room at the start of the day.
- For same day or last minute reservations, please have your reservation confirmation handy. The posted reservation calendars only reflect reservations that were made as of 11pm the previous evening.
- Rooms may not be scheduled for interviews during the academic semester or by faculty members for class purposes (including break-out groups).
- Personal belongings left in the study room will be taken to Lost & Found in Uris 105 or Uris 111. Found items should be brought to the Library's service desk.
Each study room has a capacity of 6 participants. All are equipped with:
- data jacks,
- power outlets,
- a display monitor,
- a whiteboard (markers not supplied),
- a phone.
The main number for study rooms is (212) 851-XXXX (see list below)
|Phone||Uris Library Rm|
To report problems accessing or using the Study Room Scheduling system, please contact the Student Technology Center at email@example.com.
We welcome your suggestions and comments about this scheduling system and other services and facilities of Columbia University Libraries. Please email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.