- Deal Camp
- Alston & Bird Alumni Discussion Series
- The Potential New Regulatory Landscape and M&A
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
- M&A and Activism
- Global Markets
- How M&A “Resurgence” is Impacting Private Equity
- Regulatory Landscape
- Private Equity & Healthcare
- Where We've Been & Where We're Going
- Capital Deployment Decision
- Fundraising in Turbulent Times
- Starting a Fund 101
- Annual Private Equity & Venture Capital Conference
- Events Archive
- Fellows Program
The Private Equity Program is pleased announce a Fellows Program for select students preparing for careers in private equity. In this school year, 2013-2014, our Fellows Program will be run as a pilot.
The Fellows Program will have two components:
an Alumni-Fellow advisory program, pairing fellows with Columbia Business School alumni advisors in the industry.
an After-Hours Lecture Series and Case Writing to steep fellows in industry practice and acquaint them more broadly with others in the industry.
To be considered, students should be candidates for MBA or EMBA degrees in 2014. To qualify, consideration will be given to
• your grade point average in the core and other courses, including Advanced Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions and Entrepreneurial Finance (70).
• your work experience (15).
• a Columbia Business School faculty member recommendation (15).
A panel including industry practitioners will make the final selections. Check the Private Equity Program web site (www.gsb.columbia.edu/privateequity) where further details and application deadlines will be posted. The Program will be run by Margaret Cannella ’76. Margaret is the Administrative Director of the Private Equity Program and has been teaching at Columbia Business School as an Adjunct Professor since 2008. She spent thirty years at JPMorgan and Citigroup in investment banking, retiring as Managing Director and Head of Global Research. She is currently working with Oaktree Capital, a private equity firm and sits on the boards of several manufacturing and financial services companies.