You are here
Private Equity Fellows Program
The Private Equity Program runs a Fellows Program for select students preparing for careers in private equity. In 2013-2014, our Fellows Program was run as a pilot. The 2014-2015 Fellows Program will be accepting applications after the summer, and second-year students should attend the April 16, 2014 information session to learn about the requirements for application.
The Fellows Program will have two components:
- an Alumni-Fellow advisory program, pairing fellows with Columbia Business School alumni advisors in the industry.
- an After-Hours Lecture Series and Case Writing to steep fellows in industry practice and acquaint them more broadly with others in the industry.
To qualify, consideration will be given to:
- your grade point average in the core and other courses, including Advanced Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions and Entrepreneurial Finance (70%).
- your work experience (15%).
- a Columbia Business School faculty member recommendation (15%).
A panel including industry practitioners will make the final selections from the Application.
The Program is run by Margaret Cannella ’76. Margaret is the Administrative Director of the Private Equity Program and has been teaching at Columbia Business School as an Adjunct Professor since 2008. She spent thirty years at JPMorgan and Citigroup in investment banking, retiring as Managing Director and Head of Global Research. She is currently working with Oaktree Capital, a private equity firm and sits on the boards of several manufacturing and financial services companies.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Columbia Business School 2014 Reunion
The Private Equity Program announcing the timeline and updates for the Fellows Program All interested 2nd year candidates are encouraged to RSVP and attend Read More
Annual Dinner at the Waldorf Astoria
Fourth Annual Deal Camp in Montauk