- Benefits & Features
- Student Life
- Student Organizations
- International Students
- The Culture of NYC
- Student Profiles
- Career Advantages
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Connect with Admissions
- Executive MBA
- Options & Locations
- Student Life
- Career Management
- Connect with EMBA
- Why a Columbia PhD?
- Job Market
- Current Doctoral Students
- Master of Science
- Masters of Science in Accounting and Fundamental Analysis
- Master of Science in Financial Economics
- MS in Marketing Science
- Student Life
- Current Master of Science Students
- Executive Education
- Comprehensive Management
- Social Enterprise
- Programs for Organizations
- Undergraduate Concentration
Can I audit a Business School Course?
- Auditing is only available for matriculated Business School students. Cross-registrants are not able to audit courses at the Business School.
How do I drop a course?
- You must notify the Business School if you want to drop a Business School course. MBA course drop requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I just enrolled in a course. How long will it take to get Canvas access?
- In two days' time most students will be able to access their course materials by visiting http://canvas.gsb.columbia.edu.
Can I take a Business School course on a pass/fail (P/F) basis?
- While all students, regardless of academic program, will receive a letter (A-F) grade, cross registrants do have the option of electing pass/fail for all courses registered. Electing pass/fail "covers" the original passing grade earned, while failing grades will post as "F." P/F grading must be processed at the home school level using a Registration Adjustment Form. Please follow the procedures of your home school for processing the form.
I want to make changes on my application. Can I do this and will it affect my place in line?
- Making changes to your application will not affect your place in line. You can continue to edit your application until we have processed our decision on your application. Once we have made our decision on your application status, you are no longer able to access your application.
How many classes can I take in a semester?
- You may be enrolled in up to 3 credits per semester.
I am enrolled in a course, but I want to switch to a different section. Can I do that?
- We can only make decisions for classes that are on your application. If you have registered for another section on your application, and if there is space, we may be able to switch you to a different section. Please email email@example.com to inquire whether there is space for you to switch sections.
I received a seat in a course through cross-registration, but I would like to switch to a different course. Can I do that?
- Cross-registration does not have a change of program period. Once we make a decision on your application, the course decision is final and cannot be switched.
A course that I am interested in is not on the list. Can I still register for it?
- Only courses that are on the list are available for cross-registration.
The professor gave me permission to take the course, how do I enroll?
- The only way to enroll in a Business School course is through the cross-registration application. OSA, not the professors, manages the enrollment of academic courses.
Can I register for a Core Course?
- Only select electives, courses starting with B8xxx, will be available for cross-registration. Core classes, courses starting with B6xxx, are not available for cross-registration.
How do I know if the course is 1.5 or 3.0 credits?
- You can find the course credit number on the MBA Course Page. Click on the current semester on the left and search for the course you are interested in.
I have submitted my application. Can I find out my place in line or how many seats are available in the courses?
- Unfortunately, we cannot share that information.
How much tuition and/or fees will I be billed when enrolled in a Columbia Business School course?
- Columbia University & Union Theological Seminary Students: Columbia University & Union Theological Seminary students do not pay extra tuition if enrolled in a Business School course. They will pay their home school's tuition rates. Some courses do have special fees, however, and those will be denoted separately on your tuition bill.
- Teachers College Students: Teachers College students are charged a per-point rate for courses taken at Columbia University; these rates vary depending on the host school. See Non-TC Tuition Rates for further information. Additionally, some courses do have special fees and those will be denoted separately on your TC tuition bill.