- Benefits & Features
- Student Life
- Student Organizations
- International Students
- The Culture of NYC
- Student Profiles
- Career Advantages
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Connect with Admissions
- Executive MBA
- Options & Locations
- Student Life
- Career Management
- Connect with EMBA
- Why a Columbia PhD?
- Job Market
- Current Doctoral Students
- Master of Science
- Masters of Science in Accounting and Fundamental Analysis
- Master of Science in Financial Economics
- Master of Science in Marketing
- Student Life
- Current Master of Science Students
- Executive Education
- Comprehensive Management
- Social Enterprise
- Programs for Organizations
- Undergraduate Concentration
Please Note: Because the admissions office will be closed December 31 - January 3, and will be unavailable to answer any last minute questions you might have during that time, we are extending our Merit Based Fellowship deadline to Friday, January 6 at 11:59pm New York Time.
One MBA, Two Paths
The paths are identical in terms of competitiveness of admissions, academic rigor, and student resources, but they differ in terms of timing and the opportunity to complete a summer internship.
About 70 percent our full-time MBA students begin their studies in the fall term. After mandatory orientation in the second half of August, regular classes begin in September. Most August-entry students complete a summer internship between their second and third terms.
The August entry has two review periods — early decision and regular decision. Because we use a rolling admissions process, it is always to your advantage to apply well before the deadline.
- Available for August entry applicants only
- Application deadline in early October
- Early Decision applications are reviewed, and decisions rendered, before Regular Decision applications
- Admitted students for Early Decision are considered for merit-based awards.
- Candidates have decided that Columbia is their first choice and must sign the following statement of commitment within their applications: I am committed to attending Columbia Business School and will withdraw all applications and decline all offers from other schools upon admission to Columbia Business School.
- Applicants must submit a nonrefundable $6,000 tuition deposit within two weeks of admission.
- Candidates may submit Regular Decision applications as soon as the application becomes available in the summer.
- Regular Decision applications are reviewed after Early Decision applications.
- No statement of commitment required.
- To be considered for merit-based fellowships, applications must be submitted by the specified merit-based fellowship deadline in early January
- Final application deadline in April.
Students who do not want or need an internship may consider beginning their MBA studies in January and completing their second semester of classes during the summer. A January start may be ideal for students who wish to remain in the same industry after graduation or pursue entrepreneurial interests. About 30 percent of our students enter in January.