Real Estate Symposium
The fifth annual Real Estate Symposium took place on December 4, 2012, at Columbia University’s Faculty House, with more than 180 alumni representing classes from 1961 to 2012. David E. Simon ’85, chairman and CEO, Simon Property Group, delivered the keynote address.
Hosted by the Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate and the Real Estate Circle of Columbia Business School, the Real Estate Symposium is an annual educational forum that brings together accomplished Columbia Business School alumni and top industry leaders for a broad-based discussion of topical issues, high-profile transactions, trends, and challenges facing the real estate industry.
2012 Symposium Reports
- Opening Remarks and Keynote Address
- Main Panel: Assessing Risk and Return in a Global Real Estate Market
- New York Panel: Real Estate Development in New York City in the Digital Age
- Equity Capital Markets Panel: Consolidating and Recapitalizing Real Estate Businesses
- Debt Panel Report: Special Servicing—360 Degrees
(For a full-screen view, click on the icon at lower right of the slight show. For captions, click on "Show Info" at upper right of the full-screen view.)
Schedule of Events
|1:00||Opening Remarks: Lynne B. Sagalyn, Earle W. Kazis and Benjamin Schore professor of Real Estate and Director, the Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate, Columbia Business School|
|1:15||Keynote speaker: David E. Simon ’85|
Main Panel: Assessing Risk and Return in a Global Real Estate Market
|5:00-6:00||Real Estate Association Networking Reception|