- A.J. Agarwal, Blackstone
- Marty Burger, Silverstein Properties
- Patrick Foye, The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Michael Giliberto, Columbia Business School
- Erik Horvat ’04, Fosun Property Holdings
- Daniel Neidich, Dune Real Estate Partners
- Michael V. Pappagallo, Brixmor Property Group
- Ralph Rosenberg, KKR
- Alexander Rubin, Moelis
- Glenn Rufrano, O’Connor Capital Partners
- Lynne B. Sagalyn, Columbia Business School
- Adam Schwartz, Angelo, Gordon & Co.
- Joshua Scoville, Hines
- Hilary Spann, J.P.Morgan Asset Management
- Steven Spinola, Real Estate Board of New York
- Philippe Visser ’04, Related Companies
- Adam Weinstein, Phipps Houses
You are here
Real Estate Symposium
2015 Real Estate Symposium
SAVE THE DATE for the 8th annual Real Estate Symposium, an exclusive alumni-only educational forum, which will take place on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at the Columbia University Club of New York.
It is with great pleasure that the Paul Milstein Center announces that Cia Buckley Marakovits ’93 will chair the 2015 Real Estate Symposium steering committee. Ms. Marakovits is the Chief Investment Officer, Partner, Managing Director and Member of the Investment Committee with Dune Real Estate Partners as well as a member of the Real Estate Circle. Registration for this annual event will open in early fall.
2015 Steering Committee
Cia Buckley Marakovits ’93, Dune Real Estate Partners (chair); Tommy Craig ’82, Hines; Gideon Gil ’00, Cushman & Wakefield; Kate Kerrigan, Columbia Business School; Michael Lehrman ’90, CCRE; Steve McGuire ’11, Tishman Speyer; Scott Meyer ’14, LeFrak; David Neithercut ’82, Equity Residential; David Sherman ’82, Metropolitan Real Estate.
2014 Real Estate Symposium
(For a full-screen view, click on the icon at lower right of the slideshow. For captions, click on "Show Info" at upper right of the full-screen view.)
The 7th annual Real Estate Symposium, an exclusive alumni-only event, took place on Monday, December 15, 2014 at the Columbia University Club of New York. Mortimer B. Zuckerman, Executive Chairman, Boston Properties, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of U.S. News & World Report, Chairman and Publisher of the New York Daily News, delivered the keynote address.
If you are a Columbia Business School alumni and would like to be added to the Paul Milstein Center database in order to receive future invitations and other important news, please subscribe to our newsletter by signing up here.
Hosted by the Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate and the Real Estate Circle of Columbia Business School, the Real Estate Symposium is an annual educational forum that brings together accomplished Columbia Business School alumni and top industry leaders for a broad-based discussion of topical issues, high-profile transactions, trends, and challenges facing the real estate industry.
- Opening Remarks and Keynote Address
- Main Panel: The Development Boom
- Where are we in the Real Estate Cycle?
- Real Estate Capital Markets
- New York: At the Very Center of Business
- Photo Slideshow
2014 Steering Committee
Tommy Craig ’82, Hines (chair); Jeffrey A. Barclay ’83, Goldman, Sachs & Co.; Michael Berman ’86, GGP; Kate Kerrigan, Columbia Business School; Nancy Lashine ’81, Park Madison Partners; Raphael Sidelsky ’99, C-III Capital Partners; Gordon Whiting ’94, Angelo, Gordon & Co.; John F. O ’Connor ’09, O’Connor Capital Partners; Tom Ortinau ’09, Prudential Real Estate Investors.
2014 Schedule of Events
Keynote speaker: Mortimer B. Zuckerman, Executive Chairman, Boston Properties
Opening Remarks: Lynne B. Sagalyn, Columbia Business School, and Tommy Craig ’82, Hines and chair, 2014 Real Estate Symposium Steering Committee
Where are we in the Real Estate Cycle? With A.J. Agarwal, Michael Giliberto (moderator), Adam Schwartz, and Joshua Scoville
Real Estate Capital Markets With Michael V. Pappagallo, Ralph Rosenberg, Alexander Rubin (moderator), and Hilary Spann
New York: At the Very Center of Business With Marty Burger, Patrick Foye, Steven Spinola (moderator), and Adam Weinstein
Main Panel: The Development Boom With Erik Horvat ’04, Daniel Neidich, Glenn Rufrano, Lynne B. Sagalyn (moderator), and Philippe Visser ’04
REA Alumni Happy Hour
Panelists and Moderators
2013 Real Estate Symposium
The sixth annual Real Estate Symposium took place on December 9, 2013, at the Columbia University Club of New York, with 200 alumni representing classes from 1959 to 2013 in attendance. Sam Zell, chairman, Equity Group Investments, delivered the keynote address.
- Opening Remarks and Keynote Address
- Main Panel: CEO’s Corner
- New York Panel: Is the Sky the Limit?
- Equity Capital Markets Panel: What Are Real Estate Investors Looking For?
- Debt Panel Report: Uncharted Waters
- Photo Slideshow
2013 Steering Committee
Michael Berman ’86, GGP (chair); Jeffrey A. Barclay ’83, Goldman, Sachs & Co.; Nancy Lashine ’81, Park Madison Partners; Raphael Sidelsky ’99, C-III Capital Partners; Brian R. Steinwurtzel ’04, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank; Gordon Whiting ’94, Angelo, Gordon & Co.; Tom Ortinau ’09, Prudential Real Estate Investors.
- 2014, with keynote Mortimer B. Zuckerman of Boston Properties, U.S. News & World Report, and New York Daily News
- 2013, with keynote Sam Zell of Equity Group Investments
- 2012, with keynote David E. Simon ’85 of Simon Property Group
- 2011, with keynote Richard B. Saltzman of Colony Capital
- 2010, with keynote Glenn Rufrano of Cushman & Wakefield
- 2009, with keynote Barry Sternlicht of Starwood Capital Group
December 9, 2015Real Estate Project Class Final Presentations Competition and Awards Dinner / The Alexander Bodini Foundation Prize
December 15, 2015Real Estate Symposium
January 2016 (date to be announced)Real Estate Capital Markets Conference
May 2016 (date to be announced)2016 Annual Real Estate Alumni Reception
Distinguished Alumni Voices
Bob Berne ’62
Formerly with Milstein Properties
Bob Berne ’62 discusses trends in real estate and gives advice for students aspiring to have careers in real estate.
Hugh Frater ’85
Chief Executive Officer, Berkadia
Hugh Frater ’85 discusses business strategy and opportunities, commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS), and career development.
Nancy Lashine ’81
Managing Partner and Founder, Park Madison Partners
Nancy Lashine ’81 shares insights from more than 25 years of real estate experience providing placement and strategic consulting services.