- A.J. Agarwal, Blackstone
- Michael Berman ’86, GGP
- Marty Burger, Silverstein Properties
- Jay Cross, Related Companies
- Patrick Foye, The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Michael Giliberto, Columbia Business School
- Erik Horvat ’04, Fosun Property Holdings
- Daniel Neidich, Dune Real Estate Partners
- Ralph Rosenberg, KKR
- Alexander Rubin, Moelis
- Glenn Rufrano, O’Connor Capital Partners
- Lynne B. Sagalyn, Columbia Business School
- Adam Schwartz ’04, Angelo, Gordon & Co.
- Joshua Scoville, Hines
- Hilary Spann, J.P.Morgan Asset Management
- Adam Weinstein, Phipps Houses
You are here
Real Estate Symposium
(For a full-screen view, click on the icon at lower right of the slight show. For captions, click on "Show Info" at upper right of the full-screen view.)
2014 Real Estate Symposium
Registration is open for the seventh annual Real Estate Symposium, an exclusive alumni-only event, which will take place on Monday, December 15, 2014, at the Columbia University Club of New York. We are very pleased to announce that Mortimer B. Zuckerman, Executive Chairman, Boston Properties, has agreed to deliver the keynote.
Hosted by the Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate and the Real Estate Circle of Columbia Business School, the Real Estate Symposium is an annual educational forum that brings together accomplished Columbia Business School alumni and top industry leaders for a broad-based discussion of topical issues, high-profile transactions, trends, and challenges facing the real estate industry.
2014 Steering Committee
Tommy Craig ’82, Hines (chair); Jeffrey A. Barclay ’83, Goldman, Sachs & Co.; Michael Berman ’86, GGP; Nancy Lashine ’81, Park Madison Partners; Kate Kerrigan, Columbia Business School; Raphael Sidelsky ’99, C-III Capital Partners; Gordon Whiting ’94, Angelo, Gordon & Co.; John O ’Connor ’09, O’Connor Capital Partners; Tom Ortinau ’09, Prudential Real Estate Investors.
2014 Schedule of Events
Keynote speaker: Mortimer B. Zuckerman, Executive Chairman, Boston Properties
Opening Remarks: Lynne B. Sagalyn, Columbia Business School, and Tommy Craig ’82, Hines and chair, 2014 Real Estate Symposium Steering Committee
New York: At the Very Center of Business With Marty Burger, Patrick Foye, Adam Weinstein
Where are we in the Real Estate Cycle? With A.J. Agarwal, Michael Giliberto (moderator), Adam Schwartz ’04, Joshua Scoville
Real Estate Capital Markets With Michael Berman ’86, Ralph Rosenberg, Alexander Rubin (moderator), Hilary Spann
Main Panel: The Development Boom With Jay Cross, Erik Horvat ’04, Daniel Neidich, Glenn Rufrano, and Lynne B. Sagalyn (moderator)
REA Alumni Happy Hour
Panelists and Moderators
2013 Real Estate Symposium
The sixth annual Real Estate Symposium took place on December 9, 2013, at the Columbia University Club of New York, with 200 alumni representing classes from 1959 to 2013 in attendance. Sam Zell, chairman, Equity Group Investments, delivered the keynote address.
- Opening Remarks and Keynote Address
- Main Panel: CEO’s Corner
- New York Panel: Is the Sky the Limit?
- Equity Capital Markets Panel: What Are Real Estate Investors Looking For?
- Debt Panel Report: Uncharted Waters
2013 Steering Committee
Michael Berman ’86, GGP (chair); Jeffrey A. Barclay ’83, Goldman, Sachs & Co.; Nancy Lashine ’81, Park Madison Partners; Raphael Sidelsky ’99, C-III Capital Partners; Brian R. Steinwurtzel ’04, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank; Gordon Whiting ’94, Angelo, Gordon & Co.; Tom Ortinau ’09, Prudential Real Estate Investors.
- 2013, with fireside chat with Sam Zell of Equity Group Investments
- 2012, with keynote David E. Simon ’85 of Simon Property Group
- 2011, with keynote Richard B. Saltzman of Colony Capital
- 2010, with keynote Glenn Rufrano of Cushman & Wakefield
- 2009, with keynote Barry Sternlicht of Starwood Capital Group
Wednesday, December 10Real Estate Project Class Final Presentations Competition and Awards Dinner / The Alexander Bodini Foundation Prize
Monday, December 15Real Estate Symposium
Friday, January 30Real Estate Capital Markets Conference
Distinguished Alumni Voices
Bob Berne ’62
Formerly with Milstein Properties
Bob Berne ’62 discusses trends in real estate and gives advice for students aspiring to have careers in real estate.
Hugh Frater ’85
Chief Executive Officer, Berkadia,
Hugh Frater ’85 discusses business strategy and opportunities, commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS), and career development.
Nancy Lashine ’81
Managing Partner and Founder, Park Madison Partners
Nancy Lashine ’81 shares insights from more than 25 years of real estate experience providing placement and strategic consulting services.