You are here
Alumni, Students, and Other Media
For media coverage featuring full-time faculty members, please click here.
- 1/7/14: Alicia Glen Named to Key Post in de Blasio Administration.
- 12/23/13: New mayor taps Adjunct Professor Alicia Glen to lead housing development (New York Post).
- 10/8/13: 14 questions for Tommy Craig ’82 of Hines in the Owners’ Magazine (Commercial Observer).
- 8/6/13: Gil Menna featured in Rainmaker Q&A (Law 360).
- 7/21/13: Alicia Glen discusses Citi Bike investment (Crain’s).
- 7/9/13: Faculty Interview Series: Alicia Glen.
- 6/18/13: REIT IPO market still limited, according to Gil Menna at REITWeek 2013.
- 6/12/13: Educational program to be financed by Alicia Glen’s Urban Investment Group at Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- 5/20/13: New study by Executive in Residence Leanne Lachman looks at whether Gen Y still shops mostly in stores (Apparel).
- 5/17/13: Gen Y still flocks to malls, finds study by Executive in Residence Leanne Lachman (U-T San Diego).
- 5/8/13: Tommy Craig ’82 of Hines leads $1B+ sale of two Midtown properties (Bloomberg Businessweek).
- 5/7/13: The Commercial Observer catches up with Tommy Craig ’82 of Hines
- 4/18/13: Rehabilitation and redevelopment of 4 New York Plaza being led by Adjunct Professor Tommy Craig ’82 of Hines (Real Estate Weekly).
- 4/15/13: Wang awarded Chazen Grant for work on dynamic entrepreneurial finance.
- 4/9/13: Innovative finance such as Goldman, Sachs program developed by Adjunct Professor Alicia Glen to reduce juvenile offender recidivism lauded for potential to address social problems (PBS).
- 4/8/13: Faculty Interview Series: Andrew Jacobs ’96.
- 4/7/13: Adjunct Professor Tommy Craig ’82 of Hines locks in one of the biggest office leases of the year while shopping for buyers for 425 Lexington (Wall Street Journal).
- 3/24/13: Goldman, Sachs group led by Adjunct Professor Alicia Glen invests in program to reduce recidivism among juvenile offenders (NPR).
- 3/19/13: Outdoor space expected to drive high rents at 7 Bryant Park project being led by Adjunct Professor Tommy Craig ’82 (New York Post).
- 3/14/13: Adjunct Professor Gil Menna discusses the REIT M&A market (The Deal).
- 2/26/13: Adjunct Professor Tommy Craig ’82 of Hines breaks ground on 7 Bryant Park project (Observer).
- 1/17/13: Adjunct Professor Robin Panovka on the 2013 REIT outlook (Reit.com).
- 12/6/12: Adjunct Professor Gil Menna discusses REIT IPOs at REITWorld 2012: NAREIT’s Annual Convention (Reit.com).
- 10/16/12: Adjunct Professor Michael Giliberto named director at Hunt Companies.
- 10/15/12: Adjunct Associate Professor John Livingston recognized in 25th anniversary of Crain’s “40 Under 40”.
- 7/23/12: Developer for All Seasons Takes New York (Crain's article featuring Adjunct Professor Tommy Craig ’82).
- 6/20/12: 7 Bryant Park Gets All-Equity Financing, Construction Set To Start (Observer article about project by Tommy Craig ’82).
- 6/20/12: Professor J. Daniel Adkinson Wins 2012 Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence.
- 11/21/11: Model Teachers (Hermes article about alumni executives Tommy Craig ’82 and Jeffrey Barclay ’83 serving as adjunct professors).
- 11/5/12: Executive in Residence Leanne Lachman discusses why we should focus on emerging markets (U-T San Diego).
- 3/31/14: Crain’s names Philippe Visser ’04 at Related Cos. to 40 Under 40 class.
- 3/26/14: Hugh Frater ’85 discusses the commercial property financing market (Multi-Housing News).
- 3/25/14: David Sherman ’82 of Metropolitan Real Estate Equities Management anticipates growth in real estate secondaries and co-investment (Financial News).
- 2/26/14: Andrew Silberfein ’89 interviewed about his work with Rouse Properties and Forest City Ratner Companies (New York Times).
- 2/25/14: Mission Capital’s Jonathan More ’09 secures equity financing for shopping center (New York Real Estate Jorunal).
- 2/18/14: Brian Steinwurtzel ’04 profiled as New Gen Leader (Bisnow).
- 2/13/14: Wharton Equity Partners founder Peter Lewis ’82 featured as profile of the week (Real Estate Weekly).
- 2/7/14: Start-up founded by Jonathan Wasserstrum ’12 makes finding office space easy (Eugene Lang Entrepreneurship Center).
- 2/3/14: Mortgage Bankers Association conference features Hugh Frater ’85 of Berkadia.
- 2/14: Anthony Orso ’90 and Michael Lehrman ’90 interviewed about CCRE upon being named to MO’s top 50 (Mortgage Observer).
- 1/7/14: Andrea Olshan ’04 interviewed about unifying Olshan Properties, its current portfolio, and new projects (New York Times).
- 10/22/13: David E. Simon ’85 supports Columbia’s new Manhattanville campus and is recognized as Donor of the Day in the Wall Street Journal.
- 10/15/13: Paul Pariser ’78 of Taconic Partners discussed Sandy’s impact and new projects (Commercial Observer).
- 9/26/13: Luxury rental 37 Great Jones, developed by Roland Dib ’98, ready for market (Real Estate Weekly).
- 9/25/13: Metropolitan Real Estate Equity Management, cofounded by David Sherman ’82, to be acquired by Carlyle (PERE).
- 9/24/13: Roland Dib ’98 named executive of the month by New York Real Estate Journal.
- 9/17/13: Philippe Visser ’04 heads from Port Authority to Hudson Yards (Crain’s).
- 8/26/13: SiteCompli founders Ross Goldenberg ’07 and Jason Griffith ’06 discuss the complexities of property management and how their company can help (Commercial Observer).
- 8/7/13: David Neithercut ’82 discusses Equity Residential’s sale plans (Bloomberg).
- 6/11/13: Christopher Capece ’04 leads AvalonBay project to improve Great Neck waterfront (Commercial Observer)
- 5/29/13: Jonathan Wasserstrum ’12 discusses how TheSquareFoot is bringing transparency to commercial real estate (Crain’s)
- 5/20/13: C&W’s Gideon Gil ’00 and Sridhar Vankayala ’08 advise on loan for trophy property in Princeton (National Real Estate Investor).
- 5/20/13: Neville Rhone ’00 launches firm focused on value-added and opportunistic investments in Sunbelt real estate (PERE).
- 5/15/13: SiteCompli, founded by Jason Griffith ’06 and Ross Goldenberg ’07, selected as a 2013 Best Place to Work for Recent Grads by ConnectU.
- 5/6/13: Tishman Speyer head Jerry Speyer ’64 interviewed at DLA Piper’s Global Real Estate Summit.
- 5/2/13: Hugh Frater ’85 of Berkadia discusses expansion of financing of offices, retail properties, and hotels (Bloomberg).
- 4/25/13: Berkadia CEO Hugh Frater ’85 interviewed about current business and his market outlook for commercial real estate loans and servicing (New York Times).
- 4/24/13: Cia Buckley ’93 to be honored at AREW 35th Anniversary Gala.
- 4/21/13: Ross L. Smotrich ’83 comments on new REIT structures (New York Times).
- 4/19/13: Tad Philipp ’80 of Moody's comments on new loan-based structured financial products (New York Times).
- 4/18/13: Tishman Speyer chairman and Co-CEO Jerry Speyer ’64 speaks about U.S. and European investment opportunities at INREV annual conference (Property Investor Europe).
- 4/10/13: SiteCompli co-founder Jason Griffith ’06 interviewed about his real estate technology start-up’s methodology and fast growth (New York Times).
- 4/10/13: Strong portfolio of East Coast hotels being marketed by Jonathan Falik ’99 (Real Estate Weekly).
- 3/17/13: Harrison LeFrak ’98 increasing role in family business (Wall Street Journal).
- 3/17/13: Tom Bow ’87 speaks to challenges in New York's commercial leasing market (Crain's).
- 3/5/13: Michael Lehrman ’90, Anthony Orso ’90, and Hugh Frater ’85 named among the most important people in commercial real estate finance (Observer).
- 2/22/13: Jonathan Wasserstrum ’12, founder of TheSquareFoot, discusses his decision to start a business while in school (astudentoftherealestategame.com).
- 2/21/13: Matthew Finkle ’99 promoted to president of Related Affordable (GlobeSt.com).
- 1/24/13: Jonathan Wasserstrum ’12’s company TheSquareFoot selected for new class for the Entrepreneurs’ Roundtable Accelerator startup incubator (TechCrunch).
- 1/24/13: Rohit Aggarwala ’00 explains how dropping the gas tax could lead to better roads and greener transportation (Bloomberg).
- 1/17/13: CBS graduates noted for impressive employment record in Bloomberg Businessweek round-up of MBA real estate programs.
- 1/11/13: Hugh Frater ’85 of Berkadia sees stronger future property growth in right-to-work states (Bloomberg).
- 1/7/13: David Neithercut ’82 discusses demand for multifamily assets as Equity Residential prepares for its Archstone Communities acquisition.
- 1/1/13: New York Times quotes Paul Pariser ’78 of Taconic Partners in article about expanding use of online marketing by commercial real estate industry.
- 12/12/12: Paul Pariser ’78 of Taconic Partners takes calculated bet on retail and office space in the Meatpacking District (Real Estate Weekly).
- 12/5/12: The fifth annual Real Estate Symposium took place on December 4, 2012, at Columbia University’s Faculty House, with more than 180 alumni representing classes from 1961 to 2012. David E. Simon ’85, Chairman and CEO, Simon Property Group, delivered the keynote address. Read more . . .
- 12/4/12: David Neithercut ’82, chief executive of Equity Residential, explains benefits from the Archstone acquisition (New York Times).
- 12/1/12: Nicholas Bienstock ’96’s Savanna scores among NYC’s best returns on equity with sale of 386 Park Avenue South (Real Deal).
- 11/25/12: S. Sunshine & Associates, firm led by Suzanne Sunshine ’91, forms alliance with Colliers International (Wall Street Journal).
- 11/15/12: Nancy Lashine ’81 speaks about the challenges of raising capital for a first fund (Real Estate Finance Intelligence).
- 10/17/12: Taconic Close to $110 Million Deal for 619 West 54th Street (quotes Paul Pariser ’78 on his firm's Far West Side acquisition; more on this story is in the 10/22 GlobeSt.com).
- 10/9/12: GSA-Heavy Bethesda Building Receives $47 Million in Financing (Observer article about project worked on by Gideon Gil ’00).
- 10/2/12: Distinguished Alumni Interview Series: Hugh Frater ’85.
- 10/2/12: In Q3, Midtown Vacancy High; Leasing and Investment Sales Plummet (Real Deal article quoting Lou D’Avanzo ’91).
- 10/1/12: Michael Lehrman ’90 honored as 2012 Urban Hero by the Catalog for Giving.
- 9/10/12: Park Madison Adds Hoit as Partner (PERE article about Gentry Ashmore Hoit ’90).
- 9/4/12: Moody’s Veteran Cracks the Whip — Again (Tad Philipp ’80 highlighted in Wall Street Journal).
- 7/24/12: Rezoning Clears Way for “Small City” in the Bronx (New York Times article about work of firm co-founded by Robert Frost ’97).
- 7/25/12: Atlas Adds 756 Units to Growing Texas Portfolio (GlobeSt.com article about the firm where Arvind Chary ’11 is managing principal; registration required).
- 6/10/12: Savanna Sees Gold in Hairiest Real Estate Deals (Crain's article about firm led by co-managing partner Nicholas Bienstock ’96).
- 6/6/12: Azrack to Change Role at Apollo (PERE article about Joseph Azrack ’72, global head of real estate at Apollo Global Management).
- 4/24/12: Ed Harris ’85 self-publishes new book, Put It on the the House: Why Home Prices Will Soar.
- 12/6/11: A New York Map Service Saves Brokers’ Shoe Leather (New York Times article featuring firm co-founded by Elliot Cohen ’06).
- 2/26/14: Aaron Kazam ’15 named ICSC Foundation Grossman Graduate Scholar.
- 2/26/14: School again finishes in the money at UNC Case Competition.
- 2/19/14: Winoker scholarship goes to Columbia student (Real Estate Weekly).
- 1/14/14: Karl Chan ’15 wins YMWREA scholarship.
- 1/14/14: Akash Shivashankara ’14 and Martín Kielmanowicz ’14 take top honors in academic paper contest.
- 12/11/13: Second City deal takes first prize at Real Estate Project Class Competition.
- 5/15/13: Real Estate Association elects 2013–14 VPs.
- 5/13/13: Two real estate-focused students awarded real estate scholarships from WX New York Women Executives in Real Estate.
- 3/29/13: Real Estate Association tours Brazil.
- 2/21/13: Columbia Business School takes second at UNC Real Estate Development Challenge.
- 12/17/12: Annie Koo ’14 awarded YM/WREA 2012 scholarship.
- 12/13/12: Foreclosure solution awarded top prize at Real Estate Project Class Final Presentations Competition.
- 11/30/12: Columbia Business School students win 2012 National Real Estate Challenge.
- 4/18/12: TheSquareFoot Launches commercial real estate leasing platform at DEMO Spring 2012 (press release about start-up co-founded by Jonathan Wasserstrum ’12).
- 2/14: Real Estate Forum member Richard J. Mack, Law ’93 is Closing profile of the month (Real Deal).
- 11/13/13: Real Estate Forum member Glenn Rufrano named head of O’Connor Capital Partners (Commercial Observer).
- 6/17/13: Former adjunct faculty Robert Lieber to chair ULI New York.
- 5/6/13: Following Paul Milstein’s example, son Howard Milstein successfully applies private-sector thinking to the business of government with bid process for Tappan Zee Bridge (Crain’s).
- 4/19/13: Regional Plan Association honors Howard P. Milstein, CBS Real Estate Forum member and MBA Real Estate Advisory Board member, with Lifetime Leadership Award.
- 2/5/13: Real Estate Forum member and MBA Real Estate Advisory Board member J. Allen Smith shares his perspective on real estate investments (ULI).
- 12/19/12: Thruway Board Chairman Howard P. Milstein, CBS Real Estate Forum member and MBA Real Estate Advisory Board member, announces contractor approval for the Tappan Zee Bridge replacement at a far lower cost than initially estimated.
- 12/3/12: Real Estate Forum member and MBA Real Estate Advisory Board member J. Allen Smith discusses the fiscal cliff and other current real estate issues on the Closing Bell.
- 11/27/12: Congratulations to Howard P. Milstein, Real Estate Forum member and MBA Real Estate Advisory Board member, for being recognized as Donor of the Day by the Wall Street Journal for generously aiding more than 2,000 first responders who were impacted by Sandy.
Wednesday, April 23Paul Milstein Center Real Estate Career Breakfast: Shannon Bauer ’07 of Vornado Realty Trust
Thursday, May 8Annual Real Estate Alumni Reception
March 31, 2014
March 24, 2014
February 26, 2014
February 10, 2014
January 14, 2014
January 14, 2014
January 7, 2014
December 13, 2013