2013 Real Estate Symposium Overview and Slide Show
The sixth annual Real Estate Symposium took place on December 9, 2013, at the Columbia University Club of New York, with 200 alumni representing classes from 1959 to 2013 in attendance. Sam Zell, chairman, Equity Group Investments, delivered the keynote address.
Hosted by the Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate and the Real Estate Circle of Columbia Business School, the Real Estate Symposium is an annual educational forum that brings together accomplished Columbia Business School alumni and top industry leaders for a broad-based discussion of topical issues, high-profile transactions, trends, and challenges facing the real estate industry.
- Opening Remarks and Keynote Address
- Main Panel: CEO’s Corner
- New York Panel: Is the Sky the Limit?
- Equity Capital Markets Panel: What Are Real Estate Investors Looking For?
- Debt Panel Report: Uncharted Waters
(For a full-screen view, click on the icon at lower right of the slight show. For captions, click on "Show Info" at upper right of the full-screen view.)
Schedule of Events
|1:00-1:45||Keynote speaker: Sam Zell, Chairman, Equity Group Investments
Opening Remarks: Lynne B. Sagalyn, Columbia Business School, and Michael Berman ’86, GGP and chair, 2013 Real Estate Symposium Steering Committee
Is the Sky the Limit? NYC Real Estate Pricing Keeps Climbing
What Are Real Estate Investors Looking For?
Uncharted Waters: Navigating Today’s Debt Markets
Main Panel: CEO’s Corner: Long-Term Perspectives
REA Alumni Happy Hour
Panelists and Moderators
- Ted Bigman, Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Jeff Blau, Related
- Debra Cafaro, Ventas
- James Flaum, Morgan Stanley
- Patricia Goldstein, Emigrant Realty Finance
- Steven Hason, APG Asset Management US
- Sanjeev Handa, TIAA-CREF
- Nancy Lashine ’81, Park Madison Partners
- Michael Nash, The Blackstone Group
- David Neithercut ’82, Equity Residential
- Paul Pariser ’85, Taconic Investment Partners
- Seth Pinsky CC ’93, RXR Realty
- Lynne B. Sagalyn, Columbia Business School
- Richard Saltzman, Colony Capital
- David Sherman ’82, Metropolitan Real Estate Equity Management
- Wendy Silverstein, Vornado Realty Trust
- David E. Simon ’85, Simon Property Group
- Donald Wood, Federal Realty Investment Trust