The following resources may be helpful with the development of your small business.
- Fast Company
- New York Enterprise Report
- New York Times Small Business Section
- Wall Street Journal Small Business Guide
Free and Low-Cost Local Business Courses
- Columbia Business School Community Business Program
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Initiative
- Kauffman Foundation
- NYC Business Solutions
Newsletters and Publications
- Business Basics Jamestown SBDC (2006): A comprehensive guide to starting a business, including sections on choosing a form of organization, writing a business plan, developing a marketing plan, using financial plan statements, finding capital, making hiring decisions and more.
- Government Procurement: Business Planning Guide (2011)
- Mature Entrepreneur Planning Guide (2009): A guide for those in the mature stages of their life who are considering starting or purchasing a small business.
- Recipe for Success: Selling Food Products (2010)
- A Step-by-Step Business Plan Guidebook (2009)
- A Practical Guide to Preparing Your Business Plan (2010)
- Veterans’ Business Outreach Program: Business and Resource Planning Guide (2012)
- What’s Your Signage? How On-Premise Signs Help Small Businesses TapiInto a Hidden Profit Center (2004)