Scott Peters EMBA ’98
Scott Peters, a co-president with the Jordan, Edmiston Group, Inc. (JEGI), represents a wide array of consumer and business publishing, information, marketing services and online media companies in an M&A advisory capacity. Having successfully managed more than 80 transactions, Mr. Peters offers clients a comprehensive understanding of the media, marketing and information industries, with extensive sell-side, buy-side and advisory experience.
Mr. Peters joined JEGI in 1997 and was appointed Managing Director in 1999. Since then, he has played an instrumental role in many of the firm's signature transactions, including:
- The merger of Festival Network and Festival Productions and then the subsequent $10 million financing of Festival Network by Guggenheim Partners;
- The sale of Phillips International’s Phillips Investment Resources to Avista Capital Partners;
- The sale of Pfingsten Partners’ Pfingsten Publishing to Summit Business Media (Wind Point Partners);
- The sale of Great Hill Partners’ Action Media to Action Pursuit Group (Apprise Media);
- The sale of Yoga Journal to Active Interest Media (Wind Point Partners);
- The sale of Asian Venture Capital Journal to Incisive Media;
- The sale of Vibe magazine to The Wicks Group of Companies;
- The sale of Evanta to dmg world media;
- The sale of Governance Institute to National Research Corporation;
- The sale of Gold Standard to Elsevier;
- The sale of Seaport Capital’s Strategic Publications to SV Investment Partners;
- The acquisition of Yachting Promotions for Active Interest Media (Wind Point Partners);
- The acquisition of Vacation Connections for Stone Canyon Entertainment;
- The $20 million capital raise for AdSpace Networks;
- The acquisition of WMI for Halyard Capital and Steelpoint Capital Partners.
Mr. Peters offers a unique blend of traditional investment banking and direct operating experience. Before rejoining JEGI, he was the co-founder of AngelSociety, an information, communications and transaction company serving the early stage investing or 'angel' investing market. Prior to his initial employment with JEGI, Mr. Peters was with VS&S, where he served as director of research and later, director of business development for the investment bank and private equity fund.
Mr. Peters currently serves as a Media & Entertainment Sector advisor to The New York City Investment Fund ("NYCIF"). NYCIF was founded by Henry R. Kravis and is a $100 million, New York City-based private fund with a civic mission. Mr. Peters earned an MBA from Columbia Business School and a BBA from Babson College.