You are here
Scott Peters EMBA ’98
Scott Peters, a Co-President with The Jordan, Edmiston Group, Inc. (JEGI), represents a wide array of business information, marketing services, online media and technology companies in an M&A advisory capacity. Having successfully completed over 100 transactions with JEGI, Mr. Peters offers clients deep industry expertise combined with exceptional transaction execution capabilities.
Recent notable engagements include:
- the sale of IRON Solutions, a leading software and data provider to the agriculture market, to Trimble;
- the sale of MarketCast, a leading provider of entertainment marketing insights and analytics, to RLJ Equity Partners;
- the sale of OnPeak and TravelPlanners, two market-leading enterprise housing software and services providers, to GES (Viad);
- the sale of RTM Productions, a TV and digital content production, distribution and marketing platform, to Raycom Media;
- a control equity investment in financial technology company Covenant Review from Leeds Equity Partners;
- the sale of Women’s Marketing Inc., the leader in media strategy, planning and buying for brands targeting women, to PNC Riverarch Capital;
- the sale of competitive ad tracking firm Competitrack to Market Track;
- the sale of McMurry and TMG, two leading content marketing firms, to Wicks Group; and many others.
Mr. Peters offers a unique blend of traditional investment banking and direct operating experience. Before rejoining JEGI, he was the co-founder of AngelSociety, an information, communications and transaction company serving the early stage investing or 'angel' investing market. Prior to his initial employment with JEGI, Mr. Peters was with Veronis Suhler Stevenson, where he served as director of research and later, director of business development for the investment bank and private equity fund.
Mr. Peters currently serves as a Media & Entertainment Sector advisor to The New York City Investment Fund ("NYCIF"). NYCIF was founded by Henry R. Kravis and is a $100 million, New York City-based private fund with a civic mission. Mr. Peters also serves on the Advisory Board of Columbia Business School’s Social Enterprise Program. Mr. Peters earned an MBA from Columbia Business School and a BBA from Babson College.
Social Venture Innovators
Founder and CEO
Lending money to entrepreneurs whose endeavors are too large to receive microfinance loans but too small and risky to receive funding from traditional banks.
Founder and CEO
Hiring unemployed residents of financially underserved communities to install solar and energy-efficient technology for small businesses, nonprofits, and affordable housing.
Leveraging crowdfunding technology to reduce preventable maternal and neonatal deaths and disability.
View the Tamer Center for Social Enterprise brochure, Empowering Leaders to Change the World