- Faculty and Research
- Academic Divisions
- Centers and Programs
- Faculty Governance (login)
- Executive MBA
- Doctoral Program
- Master of Science
- Executive Education
- Undergraduate Concentration
- Predoctoral Research Opportunities
- Current Students
- Ideas and Insights
- About Us
- Why Columbia Business School?
- Theory to Practice
- History and Future
- Board of Overseers
- The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative
- Digital Media
- Campus Map and Directions
- Contact Us
- Careers at Columbia
- Privacy and Policy Statements
- Gear Store
- For Staff
Our mission is twofold: we are committed to educating and developing leaders and builders of enterprises who create value for their stakeholders and society at large; we accomplish this through our MBA, MS, PhD, and Executive Education programs.
We are equally committed to developing new scholars and teachers, and to creating and disseminating pathbreaking knowledge, concepts, and tools which advance the understanding and practice of management; we accomplish this through our faculty research and PhD programs.
Developing ideas and leaders that transform the world—from the very center of business.
To achieve our vision of developing innovative ideas and inspiring leaders that transform the world, the members of CBS strive to build and sustain a welcoming and intellectual community that values and respects individuals’ different and shared identities and perspectives.
To achieve our vision of developing innovative ideas and inspiring leaders that transform the world, Columbia Business School (CBS) is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders of CBS strive to build and sustain a welcoming and intellectual community that values and respects individuals’ different and shared identities and perspectives, leading to a sense of belonging for all.
Individuals’ identities can be based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, language, socioeconomic status, geographic origin, political ideology, and more. CBS proudly celebrates the diversity of its hometown, New York City, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in the following ways:
- Actively seeking and including new members in our community who challenge conventional beliefs and propose and respectfully debate bold ideas
- Fostering an inclusive learning environment and curriculum for all students
- Continuously measuring our progress by eliciting meaningful feedback from our community
- Basing decisions about policies and initiatives on evidence and data
We have a community-wide responsibility to uphold and defend our shared values and principles at CBS and beyond.