You are here
This past June, approximately 1,600 Columbia Business School alumni, students, and new admits attended 50 events in cities across the world to celebrate the global alumni network during the fourth annual Worldwide Alumni Club Event.
The events were as diverse as our alumni and consisted of receptions with faculty speakers, happy hours, dinners, panel discussions, and family outings organized by our dedicated alumni club leaders.
In New York City, alumni enjoyed an engaging evening conversation between Shelly Lazarus ’70, chairman of Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide and member of the Columbia Business School Board of Overseers, and Bernd Schmitt, Robert D. Calkins Professor of International Business and faculty director of the Center on Global Brand Leadership. In other locations around the globe, alumni had the opportunity to hear from several of our faculty members including:
- William Duggan, senior lecturer in business management, in Munich
- Ray Fisman, Lambert Family Professor of Social Enterprise and director of the Social Enterprise Program, in Washington DC
- Kathryn Harrigan, Henry R. Kravis Professor of Business Leadership, in Atlanta and Palm Beach
- Sheena Iyengar, S. T. Lee Professor of Business, in Philadelphia and New Jersey
- Linda Meehan, assistant dean of admissions, in Paris
- Stephen Penman, George O. May Professor of Accounting, in Singapore
- Laura Resnikoff ’76, senior lecturer in discipline in business and director of the Private Equity Program, in San Francisco
- Hitendra Wadhwa, associate professor of professional practice in marketing, in San Diego
The Columbia Business School alumni network is 39,000 strong and as Dean Hubbard has said, “It is essential that the School focus on bringing our outstanding network together more frequently and in more creative ways. The School’s most powerful asset — its network — is only as strong as the people who invest in it and make it a continual part of their lives.”
Alumni Club Photo Contest Winners
We would like to extend a special thank you to all who participated in the photo competition and congratulate the following winners.
Best Display of School Logo: Alumni Club of Long Island
Best Group Photo: Alumni Club of France
Best Multi-generational Shot: Alumni Club of Israel
2010 Worldwide Alumni Club Event Photo Slideshow
Students and graduates tell how Columbia Business School shaped and continues to shape their professional lives.
Make a Gift
Bring your generosity full circle with a gift to Columbia Business School.Support
Exec Ed Programs
As an alumnus, you have an exclusive tuition discount of 25 percent, which applies to both you and up to four of your colleagues. So as you move forward in your career, you can continue to complement the education you've already received at Columbia.Learn More