- Lifetime Network
- Alumni Clubs
- Alumni Benefits
- Career Management
- Support the School
- Make a Gift
- Ways to Give
- Donor Profiles
- Corporate Giving
- Annual Giving
- Major Giving
- Planned Giving
Planned gifts are crucial to the financial health of Columbia Business School.
With many different planned giving options, you can make an important investment in Columbia’s future and leave a legacy that fits your philanthropic goals. In addition, these gifts can provide significant benefits, including sizeable income, gift, and estate tax deductions; favorable capital gains tax treatment, and income for you and your family.
There are several ways to make a planned gift:
- Make estate plans through a will or living trust.
- Create a charitable remainder trust and name the Business School as a beneficiary.
- Enter into a charitable gift annuity agreement with the School.
- Name Columbia as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan.
- Establish a donor-advised fund at Columbia.
- Make a gift of a business interest to the School.
- Make a Founders' Pledge to the School.
As the School and its remarkable network continue to drive the future of business, these contributions ensure ongoing support for vital programs and initiatives, as well as for generations of talented students and faculty.
Those who make planned gifts will also become members of the 1754 Society, Columbia University’s honorary association for alumni and friends who have included the University in their inheritance plans. Named for the year in which Columbia’s predecessor, King’s College, was established, the Society recognizes the vital role of benefactors in Columbia’s past, present, and future success. Your membership involves no dues, obligations, or solicitations, but rather permits the University to express its thanks, recognize your kindness, and encourage others to follow in your gracious footsteps.
For information on how you can make a lasting mark on this robust institution, please contact Barbara Clapp at (212) 851-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.