- Chazen Global Study Tours
- Global Immersion Program
- Chazen Block Week Classes
- Chazen MBA Exchange
- Chazen Language Program
- Laidlaw Chazen Travel Fund
- Travel Photo Contest
- Student Opportunities
- Latin America
In 2017-18 the Chazen Institute plans to offer block week courses. Please note these are tentative and subject to change. Block week courses are available through elective bidding.
Block week courses differ from Global Immersion Program (GIP) courses by the fact that GIP courses meet for classes before the travel period, whereas Block weeks do not.
March 2018 — Munich, Germany
Innovation aus Deutschland: the German Model for Excellence in 'Engineering + Design + Innovation' in Startups and Large Enterprises
This course is a project-based class in which students:
- study the economic the business dynamics of post-war Germany
- do a deep dive into the Germany export-driven model for corporate innovation and R&D
- gain firsthand insight into engineering, design and innovation excellence through corporate visits, in particular Mitttelstand companies and startups
- collaborate onside at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) in designing and prototyping physical products while applying Sprint and Design Thinking processes, with applied techniques in iterative prototyping, 3D printing and additive manufacturing
Download the one-page description and syllabus here.
Past Block Week classes include:
- The Business Environment in China, travel to Beijing China
- The European Financial Crisis, travel to Madrid, Spain
- A Closer Look at the Start-Up Nation, travel to Israel