- Chazen Global Study Tours
- Global Immersion Program
- Travel Photo Contest
- Chazen MBA Exchange
- Chazen Language Program
- Chazen Block Week Classes
- Laidlaw Chazen Travel Fund
- Student Opportunities
- Latin America
Held each year, the Travel Photo Contest is an opportunity to highlight the learning, fun, and intercultural experience from the student perspective while on a Chazen travel program.
We invite Columbia Business School students who have participated in a Chazen Study Tour, Chazen Global Immersion Program course, or Chazen Block Week course between Summer 2017 and Spring 2018 to submit photographs.
The submission deadline will be in Spring 2018, but you can submit photos at any time.
Judging will take place in Spring 2018 by the Chazen Institute. The top three photos will receive $300 prizes; finalists in the top 10 will receive gift cards. Photos may be used for Chazen promotional materials, the website, or social media.
Photo entry categories:
- Favorite Memory
- Company Visits
- Favorite In-country Photo
- Photos must have been taken as part of a Chazen international travel program (Study Tour, Global Immersion Program class or Chazen block week class).
- Up to 6 entries are allowed per entrant.
- All photos submitted must have been taken by the entrant.
- Entrants agree to allow their photos to be reproduced in Chazen promotional materials, website, and social media. Students’ name and graduation year may accompany uses of each photo.
- Decisions are final.
How to Participate
Enroll in the Jerome A. Chazen Institute Photo Contest Canvas Page and then upload your photo(s). Please include:
- The title of the category in which you are entering each photo.
- Your full name and expected graduation year.
- What program each photo was taken on: i.e., Chazen India Study Tour Spring 2017.
- In the Word document in Canvas, captions for each photo indicating location, city, country, and a description of the subject matter (see examples of good captions under Tips).
- Photo(s) in their original file size at the highest resolution possible.
- The Chazen Institute will review all photographs.
- The Chazen Institute will judge the photos based on quality, creativity, and the ability to capture the unique Chazen experience.
- The top 10 finalists will be posted on the Chazen Institute's Facebook page and Instagram (@ColumbiaChazen), and the 3 photos receiving the most combined “likes” are the winners.
- Photograph in good light, such as mornings and late afternoon, or use a flash when natural light is poor.
- When writing captions, include the Who, What, Where, When, and Why of the photo’s subject to present a full description of its context to an audience. Read more caption-writing tips.
- Avoid touristy set ups, such as groups of students smiling in front of a landmark or cultural icon.
- Avoid too much skin (while some trips take place in hot climates, we are unable to accept photographs of students in revealing clothing).
Please contact the Chazen Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.