- Chazen Global Study Tours
- Global Immersion Program
- Travel Photo Contest
- Chazen MBA Exchange
- Chazen Language Program
- Chazen Block Week Classes
- Laidlaw Chazen Travel Fund
- Student Opportunities
- Latin America
The Chazen & Laidlaw Funds for Global Study Tours, Global Immersion Programs and Global Blockweek classes at the Chazen Institute are provided by Lord Irvine A.S. Laidlaw '65 & Jerome A. Chazen '50. The funds provide financial assistance to students participating in these travel programs and are based on financial need.
Students in need of financial assistance to participate in Chazen Institute travel programs are encouraged to apply for this award. Selected students will receive a stipend to cover up to $2000 of program costs towards a 2017-18 Chazen Institute travel program. The criteria are as follows:
- Students must demonstrate financial need
- Students must be in good academic standing
- Students must submit their study tour deposit by the mandatory deadline to secure their spot on the tour and/or pay the balance of their Global Immersion Program/blockweek fee by the tuition billing deadline
- Recipients of travel stipends must successfully bid for a spot on a Global Immersion Program course through elective bidding or an Global Study Tour through the study tour bidding process. Please note that receipt of a stipend does not guarantee a spot on a Chazen Travel Program.
- Student recipients must successfully bid for a travel program and use the award during the 2017-18 academic year; students will be given a designated date by which to secure a spot on a program.
- A waitlist of students will be kept in the event that student recipients are unable to use their award during the academic year.
- Recipients must submit a one-page reflective letter with photos featuring a "Thank You" sign within two weeks of their return date outlining the impact of their travel experience. This deliverable will be shared with Lord Laidlaw '65 & Jerome Chazen '50.
- Students can benefit from the fund only once during their two-year MBA program.
- Please note that awards will reduce the program fee normally paid to the Chazen Institute for up to $2000. Amounts may not be used towards flight or in country costs. Students who have participated in a Chazen Global Study Tour or Global Immersion Program previously will not be considered for a Chazen Laidlaw Travel Fund award, as the goal of the program is to give access to students who have not participated previously. Priority will be given to students who exhibit financial need and those without a great deal of travel experience.
In order to complete an application, students will be asked how they are planning to finance the 2017-18 year of study. In addition to completing the submission, students must upload the following documents:
- A one-page statement outlining why you would make a good candidate for the Laidlaw Chazen Travel Fund and how a Chazen travel program would impact your MBA experience. Please use this essay to demonstrate or expand upon the financial information you have submitted.
- For rising second-year students, a copy of your transcript (an SSOL printout is acceptable) showing cumulative GPA
Completed applications must be submitted by 8:00 am on Thursday, June 1, 2017. The next application period will take place in spring of 2018.