- Chazen Global Study Tours
- Global Immersion Program
- Chazen Block Week Classes
- Chazen MBA Exchange
- Chazen Language Program
- Chazen Institute Travel Fund
- Chazen Leadership Fellows Program
- Global Consulting Projects
- Travel Photo Contest
- Latin America
- Chazen Global Insights
So you want to study abroad? Before applying to the MBA Exchange Program, please carefully review the eligibility requirements and how to apply. Each partner school has different regulations and offerings. Please thoroughly research the schools you are interested in and contact the Chazen Institute if you have additional questions.
For 2019-2020 exchange programs, Haas and LBS exchange applications are now closed. All other Fall exchange programs are closed, Spring 2020 applications for all other schools will be accepted in September.
- Second-year students may go abroad only during their third or fourth term.
- Candidates must have completed all core course requirements and have a solid academic record with a minimum GPA of 5.5 to be eligible.
- Students will have to “pay” 4000 bid points. Plan ahead to ensure you have the requisite points to participate.
- A student may not apply to a country where he or she is a citizen or a permanent resident.
- Dual-degree students are not eligible to study abroad.
- Participating students pay tuition and fees to Columbia University and are responsible for all travel, accommodations, books, and miscellaneous expenses.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online as one Word or PDF file and include the following:
- Current résumé
- Responses to essay questions
- The essay should focus on why you wish to study abroad, how study at a particular school/region will help you in accomplishing your future goals, the type of courses you plan to take, and why you would be an effective representative of Columbia Business School while abroad.
- Unofficial transcript (SSOL can provide this; you may scan or capture the screen using the print screen function).
- Recommendation letter (at least one) — may be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off in the Chazen office in Uris Hall 2M2. The letter should be specific to exchange (not your business school application recommendation letter) and not from a family member or peer.
The Chazen Institute will contact applicants under consideration for an interview. Students are evaluated on the basis of their application and interview.