- Chazen Global Study Tours
- Global Immersion Program
- Chazen Block Week Classes
- Chazen MBA Exchange
- Chazen Language Program
- Chazen Institute Travel Fund
- Chazen Leadership Fellows Program
- Global Consulting Projects
- Travel Photo Contest
- Student Opportunities
- Latin America
Students may plan study tours in December/January, March, May or August, during the School’s breaks. Tour itineraries must include an average of two company visits per business day. Travel time and type of visit should be taken into account when planning the itinerary.
The Chazen Institute provides logistical advice and support throughout the study tour–planning process, but students themselves organize the trip. Tour leaders are responsible for everything from booking airlines and hotels to planning the corporate visits. Tour leaders are expected to take full ownership of the study tour and to partner with the Chazen Institute to ensure a smooth process and accountability.
Benefits of Leading a Study Tour
- Recognition as a Chazen Leadership Fellow, a highly selective, unique leadership program in which current MBA students serve as global ambassadors for their peers.
- Expands your practioner network.
- Subsidized travel: The Chazen institute will subsidize the travel program fee for up to three study tour leaders upon successful completion of the study tour. Tour leaders will be responsible for their own airfare.
- Additional bid points toward future study tour bidding (dependent on the number of student participants; up to four leaders)
How to Apply
Students who are interested in leading a tour should submit an application to the Chazen Institute at least six months before the tour would embark (March/April for August/Winter tours, October for March/May tours). The application should include the following:
- An essay outlining reasons for going and why they are capable of organizing the tour
- A proposed itinerary
- A proposed faculty adviser
- A résumé for each leader
- Lists of leaders’ contacts in the country
- A proposed budget
- Sign up for an interview slot for the entire team
If the application is strong, the Chazen Institute will interview the student leads. If a tour receives approval, Chazen Institute staff members will provide organizational checklists and timelines and stay involved throughout the planning process.