- CJEB Faculty & Staff
- Visiting Scholars
- Board & Committees
- Japan Experts and Specialists
- Annual Reports
- Research & Publications
- Programs & Resources
- Student Opportunities
- Library and Data Resources
- Program on Public Pension and Sovereign Funds
- Corporate Governance and Stewardship Program
- Japanese Management Leadership Program
- Program on Japan’s Role in the Evolving Global Economic System
- Past Programs
- Contact Us
CJEB’s Chairman, Professor Hugh Patrick, contributed an article titled, “Local Businesses Revitalizing Regional Economies: Case of Oita,” to the Government of Japan’s official magazine, We Are Tomodachi.
In the article, he discusses his visits to four companies in Oita Prefecture, and explains what he learned about those local companies and their economic environment.
Local Businesses Revitalizing Regional Economies: Case of Oita (We Are Tomodachi, Winter 2020)
Reports by Professor Patrick about each of the companies in Oita, and company reports about companies in other parts of Japan, can be found here.