- CJEB Faculty & Staff
- Visiting Scholars
- Board & Committees
- Japan Experts and Specialists
- Annual Reports
- Research & Publications
- Programs & Resources
- Student Opportunities
- Library and Data Resources
- Program on Public Pension and Sovereign Funds
- Corporate Governance and Stewardship Program
- Japanese Management Leadership Program
- Program on Japan’s Role in the Evolving Global Economic System
- Past Programs
- Contact Us
CJEB Research Associate, Professor Tsutomu Watanabe, Graduate School of Economics, University of Tokyo, wrote a Working Paper, “The Responses of Consumption and Prices in Japan to the COVID-19 Crisis and the Tohoku Earthquake.” The paper compares the responses of consumption and prices to the COVID-19 shock and another large-scale natural disaster that hit Japan, the Tohoku earthquake in March 2011.
Professor Watanabe’s paper can be found here.
CJEB actively encourages the dissemination of research. To that end, CJEB supports its directors and core faculty in their research, and produces a Working Paper Series which showcases preliminary research results in the field before publication. Other research papers are gathered here.