- CJEB Faculty & Staff
- Visiting Scholars
- Board & Committees
- Japan Experts and Specialists
- Annual Reports
- Research & Publications
- Programs & Resources
- Student Opportunities
- Library and Data Resources
- Program on Public Pension and Sovereign Funds
- Corporate Governance and Stewardship Program
- Japanese Management Leadership Program
- Program on Japan’s Role in the Evolving Global Economic System
- Past Programs
- Contact Us
A paper co-authored by Professor David Weinstein, CJEB’s director, was discussed in the Bloomberg article, Trade War Cut $1.7 Trillion From U.S. Market Caps: Study.
The paper, The Effect of the U.S.-China Trade War on U.S. Investment, which estimates the effect of U.S.-China tariff announcements on aggregate returns and the differential returns of firms exposed to China in order to identify their effect on treated and untreated firms, was co-authored with Mary Amiti of the New York Federal Reserve, and Sang Hoon Kong of Columbia University.
Check Professor Weinstein’s website to view the paper’s full media coverage and his other research.
Trade War Cut $1.7 Trillion From U.S. Market Caps: Study (Bloomberg, 5/28/20)