- CJEB Faculty & Staff
- Visiting Fellows
- Board & Committees
- Japan Experts and Specialists
- Annual Reports
- Research & Publications
- Programs & Resources
- Student Opportunities
- Library and Data Resources
- Program on Public Pension and Sovereign Funds
- Corporate Governance and Stewardship Program
- Japanese Management Leadership Program
- Program on Japan’s Role in the Evolving Global Economic System
- Past Programs
- Contact Us
Columbia University is home to one of the largest collections of Japanese- and English-language materials in the United States. CJEB evaluates Columbia University library resources and commits funding to procure new materials on Japan and the Asia-Pacific economies. CJEB also maintains a small working collection of materials on the Japanese and Asia-Pacific economies, including statistical resources, academic journals, and periodicals.
The Center continues to develop its major computer-based databank on the Japanese economy, with emphasis on financial markets, under the direction of Professor David Weinstein. The databank is a compilation of statistical resources for faculty members and students conducting relevant research.
CJEB's databank includes:
- time-series and cross-section data on financial markets, institutions, and the macroeconomy from Nikkei NEEDS Financial QUEST 2.0 and the Development Bank of Japan's Industrial Financial Database
- an online news and data retrieval system that provides essential corporate and economic data as well as leading newspaper and journal articles on Japanese and other Asia-Pacific economies from Nikkei Telecom, which is accessible via Columbia University Libraries (CLIO).
Other data resources:
- CJEB Research Associate, Professor Tsutomu Watanabe of the University of Tokyo (along with Kota Watanabe of Chuo University and the University of Tokyo) launched the UTokyo Daily Price Index project in May 2013, which measures and publishes the consumer inflation rate on a daily basis.
Accessing CJEB's Data Resources
CJEB's databank is available by appointment to all current faculty, staff, and students of Columbia University. The links above are password protected for the Columbia Business School community, but can be made available to any member of the Columbia University community upon demand. Please contact Ryoko Ogino, Managing Director, at [email protected] to arrange access to the CJEB databank.