People Analytics and Strategy is a course about the growing use of information technology in personnel management as a source of strategic advantage. As an approach to modern business management, People Analytics has applications across the international economy -- in both new and old firms, and in traditional employment arrangements and gig-style jobs facilitated by labor platforms.
This class is aimed at current and future executives, consultants and other non-HR specialists who would likely use people analytics as a tool -- as well as human-capital -focused specialists seeking a career in analytics. The course is also useful for current- and former- data science and IT professionals seeking business applications for machine learning or AI technology.
The class will feature a mixture of practical, hands-on applications as well as more abstract and thematic discussions about the application of data in business and society. Past guest speakers in this class include:
* Pat Caputo, Director of People Analytics at Facebook.
* Carla Arellano, Partner and Director of People Analytics Practice at McKinsey.
* Jeremy Shapiro, Executive Director of Hiring and Workforce Analytics at Morgan Stanley.
* Brian Hughes, Uber's Head of Northeast & Midwest US
* Jasper Wang, Global Head of People Analytics. Bain & Company
* Beth Kaufman, Partner and Managing Director at BCG. Global Leader for BCG's People Analytics topic.
* ... and others.
How can companies, consultants, executives, bankers and technologists can harness empirical data to entrench and grow their advantage through strategic organizational decisions?
Bo Cowgill is an Assistant Professor at Columbia Business School, a research affiliate at CESifo, and a Term Member of the Council on Foreign Relations. His elective, People Analytics and Strategy, won The Aspen Institute's 2019 Ideas Worth Teaching Award. He was also named to Poets and Quants’ 2020 list of View full profilePersonal Website