- Deming Cup
- Study Tours
- Other Initiatives
The Deming Center, New York Presbyterian and Columbia University Medical Center have co-sponsored a conference in healthcare to promote operational excellence practices within the industry. Entitled “Best Practices and Challenges for Operational Excellence in Healthcare”, the conference was held last September 23, 2013, at Faculty House and attracted a total of 12 speakers and 84 participants.
The key topics for discussion included, among others, technology challenges in order to improve healthcare outcomes, institutionalization of change (setting the culture to make it happen) and operational excellence (presentation of some successful examples).
Keynote speakers included:
- Brent James (Chief Quality Officer, Intermountain Healthcare)
- David Bates (SVP for Quality and Safety and Chief Quality Officer, Brigham and Women’s Hospital)
- Jan de Witte (President and CEO, Healthcare IT and Performance Solutions, GE Healthcare)
- Dan Pelino (General Manager, Global Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry, IBM Corporation)
- Delos Cosgrove (President and CEO, Cleveland Clinic)
- Kevin Tabb (President and CEO, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center)
For a complete list of the speakers (keynotes, discussants, opening and closing remarks) please see agenda.
You can also access and download the executive summary.