To participate in the program, companies need to enroll teams of 2 or 3 decision makers (CEO, Founders, Managing Directors, CFOs, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent.
- Proficient English speaking and writing skills.
- Entrepreneurial Initiative. The entrepreneur demonstrates the vision, persistence, passion, and drive to take their business to the next level. He/she is committed to his/her business idea.
- Intellectual curiosity. The entrepreneur has the desire to receive education and training in functional areas and apply new knowledge to his/her business setting.
- Global mindset. The entrepreneur has an interest in learning about successful entrepreneurship models in other parts of the world and applying insights in order to make his/her business more competitive in the global market.
The ECLA program aims to reach innovative companies in all sectors of the economy that have high potential for growth. Participating firms must meet the following criteria:
- Revenues above US $2M
- 5 years in business
- 20 or more employees
- Scalable business model
- Looking to expand beyond borders. Companies best suited for this program should have little or no presence outside of the home country, but they have the potential to tap into external markets for expansion.
- Business Innovation. Companies change or improve the face of industry in their country or region.